Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dropped my Stagg

ickleben

When packing up after a recent practice I whacked my Stagg EUB in it'a bag and propped it up against the wall while I packed away my bass guitar. The Stagg fell over.....

Oh dear i said (or words to that effect) when I took the bass out of the bag..

So I reckon I'm going to get me some titebond and clamp that badboy up and possibly band it up.

What do you reckon?

Overall lesson learned..dont prop it up against a wall and if you do..make sure it's in a corner and not going to fall.

[url="http://img64.imageshack.us/i/18392910150148564157578.jpg/"][/url]

Uploaded with [url="http://imageshack.us"]ImageShack.us[/url]

Edited by ickleben

Thanks for the advice, will do.

The staggs go for around £340 ish nowadays, I got mine about 2 years ago for £250 and second hand they go for around 200-250 i reckon. They are really an intro into the edb world but I quite like mine. You'll hear lots about how different EUB/EDB's sound more like a proper Double Bass but in my opinion..the punters dont notice..

Thats pretty much it, scale lengh, type of string and pickups..and they are of course fretless. The biggest difference in my opinion anyway is technique. Even though they are tuned the same and are most commonly found with 4 strings tuned to EADG they are different instruments and the technique for them is both different. You play an electric upright like a bass guitar and it will sound like a fretless bass... play it like a double bass and it sounds a bit more like it's bigger brother.

Oh yeah.. and you can use a bow with an electric upright.. it's harder on the stagg because the curve on the bridge is shallower but it's doable.