Why become a member? ×

FS Ibanez BTB 555 5 string in natural

Matt Golgotha

For sale is my lovely (and sadly discontinued) Ibanez BTB 555.

I have used this on a variety of recordings since buying it and it is a fabulous reliable bass.

It is currently without string or a nut as was previously set up EADGB before putting into storage so will need to be restrung/re-nutted by the buyer.

There are a couple of dings which I have tried to capture on the pictures, but they are tiny and don't detract from the great looks of this bass.

I will be sad to see it go but I am pretty much playing 4 string fretlesses exclusively these days for it is surplus to requirements.

I'll chuck in a Bass Centre Padded gig bag.

Looking for offers around £450. Collection preferred, but I will ship any where (including over seas as I know these are like hens teeth outside of the British Isles).

I pinched the following blurb from Digital Villages page:

The Ibanez BTB555 5-String Bass Guitar, Maple/Mahogany Body, 5-piece Maple/Walnut Neck, Bartolini Pickups, 3-band EQ, Natural Finish. An electrifying, high quality 5-String bass with rich, clean and versatile tones.

The Ibanez BTB555 is built with all the top shelf materials, delivering rich, electrifying tones. The BTB555MP takes the traditional formula of powerful tones produced by a massive body and substantial neck and then adds an even longer 35 inch scale neck, the right mix of select woods and high-tech appointments. The BTB555MP has a unique off-center line neck shape, which follows the natural path of the thumb as it moves up the neck, making upper fretwork as easy as playing the lower frets. The 35 inch neck scale provides superior articulation with no "flopping" and solid sustain. A 5-piece maple and walnut neck, maple top and back plus mahogany body, 18-volt active Vari-Mid preamp, Bartolini pickups and a Monorail 2 (MR-II) bridge deliver the rich tones without interference from other strings.

The main features of the Ibanez BTB555 include:

An electrifying, high quality 5-String bass with rich, clean and versatile tones
35 inch neck scale
Hi-tech NeutrikR locking jacks offer secure and stable connection
18-volt circuitry offers more headroom
5 piece BTB5 Maple/Walnut Neck
Maple Top And Back
Mahogany body
24 Medium frets
MR-2 bridge (19mm string spacing)
Bartolini MK1 Neck Pickup
Bartolini MK1 Bridge Pickup
Vari-Mid IIIB 3-band eq (18v)
Chrome Hardware