Why become a member? ×

FT - Phil Jones Suitcase + 4B extension

clagooey

Hey all,

This is just a feeler, and I'm in no rush at all, but I wanted to see what was out there...

I have a PJB suitcase + 4B extension cab (originally bought from rhino on here) up for trade (not really for sale; I'm gigging about once month and can't risk not having something to play through!). It's in fairly decent condition with a couple of bumps and scrapes but nothing severe (it's been gigged about 20 times since September 2009), and this trade will include soft covers for both the combo and the extension as well as a speak-on cable and the original paperwork. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures (amps are at home, I'm at my uni address), but I'll be able to get some in the near future; sorry about this. I'm assuming that if you're even considering this you know a fair bit about them, but I'll try and answer any questions if you have them.

I'd want to trade for a something bigger and beefier, along the lines of a 1x15 + 2 or 4x10 + amplifier stack, i.e. a giggable rig (weight of the cabs isn't an issue). I'm looking for something that has some some creamy lows with a decent mid and a bit of sparkle around the top; something akin to Motown sound. The PJB goes plenty loud and sounds fantastic, but I'd like to try something a bit bigger (possibly valve-related?) as the band I'm in gets bigger.

I'd want to try out any rig before I considered trading for it (and I'd want the other party to try out the PJB), so living within a reasonable distance of Egham, Surrey or Reading is pretty much necessary.

Sorry if it seems like I'm being very particular about this; the PJB rig is fantastic and, although I'd like to upgrade to something beefier, I'm more than happy to wait a few months for it to appear!

Cheers guys,

Tom

Edited by clagooey

[quote name='stewartmusic' post='1079623' date='Jan 6 2011, 11:09 AM']would you consider cash at all? split or complete?

D

p.s Bump for an amazing rig :)[/quote]

Unfortunately I'm not looking to sell right now; if a rig becomes available on here that I'd like then I'll put a cash price up, but I don't want to put one up now as I don't want to mislead people into thinking I'd sell it! If I could live without a rig for a few months then I'd sell but that isn't an option for me right now; sorry about that! If something tasty comes along then I'll be right back here to try and flog it though :)

At the moment I'm looking to see if anyone wants to downsize their rig to something lighter, portable and more compact, yet still packs a massive punch and sounds incredible. I'm young and my back isn't too horrible, so I might as well look for something larger and angrier whilst my body will allow it!

Tom

• 4 weeks later...