Why become a member? ×

Anyone looking for a small PA?

labougie

Anyone thinking about buying a small PA system?

I don’t think I’m going to need one any more, or if I DO, it’ll be a even smaller one.

It’s bi-amped, 450w total. The speakers are (each side) a 12” Celestion 1225E (300w, 96db) in a ported cab, and poled up above that a trapezoid cab containing 2 x Eminence Alpha 6As (100w, 93.6db each) and a Motorola CTS KSN-1141 Powerline piezo also in a ported cab.

The amp has an integral crossover and a single 300w mono amp drives both 12” Celestions up to 250Hz. Two x 75w amps drive the Eminence/Motorola HF speakers above 250Hz in stereo.

There are two 20ft 4-pole speakon cables which take LF and HF to the 12” cabs and then there are XLR cables running from each 12” up to the 2x6” speakers. The 12” cabs have wheels and telescopic handles.

This used to be a Trace Elliot Acoustic PA system, complete with mixer. At that point it had two normal PA speakers, each with a 10” + 2 x 5” Celestions and a cheapo tweeter. The mixer died, but I thought that the rest of it was too good to bin, so I re-boxed the amp with a straightforward 2 x ¼ jack input, retaining the 4-pole Speakon outputs. I used it like this for a while and then decided that it deserved better speakers, so build (with the aid of BassBox Pro) the two floor cabs and the two HFs, populating them with more sensitive speakers than the originals. This would (and did!) work well for excellent reproduction of a miked acoustic outfit, or would also be fine for vocals and bass drum at pub band levels (115db or thereabouts). It’s in Surbiton, Surrey and could be looked at and/or tried out by arrangement.

I figure it’s about £300 worth but I'll always look at an offer – any interest?

[url="http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b58/labougie/Guitar/"]More pics [/url]