Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD. Please Remove. Henri DeLille Double Bass w/Roger Dawson C Extension

lcu1988

For sale is a lovely gamba shaped double bass by Henri DeLille, completed by a C extension by Roger Dawson with E, D and C sharp clips, and a Realist Pickup. Second owner of the bass which was originally purchased from Hamilton and Caswell, and still have all the original documentation. Has been used professionally in London with the Philharmonia Orchestra, English National Opera, chamber music concerts in the Wigmore Hall as well as extensive use for Jazz and tango with a very direct sound which amplifies well. Will stick photos up after I retrieve it from tour van this weekend. Am sad to see it go as have had this bass for years, I cannot however justify having two basses and am currently considering a very expensive upgrade. Am asking £6500 for it, and its a lot of bass for that money. Am based in central london, and anyone interested is welcome to pop in for a cup of tea and to try it out. The Bass is also drilled for the Laborie-Rabbath endpin.

Edited by lcu1988

Price drop to £6000. Have been given a great deal on another bass, unfortunately with a time restraint so will drop the price to move this on.

Also have for sale a very fine french bow made by the American archetier Rodney D. Mohr. It previously belonged to a member of the Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra, and I have used it as my main orchestral bow for the last couple of years. Check out his website www.rodneymohr.com I am asking for £2700, which is less than I paid for it, but again trying to raise money quickly!