Why become a member? ×

SOLD:Skjold Exotic Custom series fretted 6

nobodysprefect

There's something available that I'd like, a lot. And it's affordable, too. As long as it hasn't sold, this is for sale. When it sells, I pull this.

What am I selling:

It's a recent build by Peter Skjold. It's an exotic custom, so it's got some out of the ordinary specs:
1) the neck: 7-piece neck. Very stiff. Very comfy. Really, really easy to play. People with both claim Skjolds are about the only bass to match an MTD.
Has a rare bloodwood fretboard and a wenge veneer on the headstock.

2) the body: wenge facings, top and back. Ash core, maple accents. The body shape is highly ergonomic, both standing and sitting down. You'll note how the bridge is at the edge of the body. This way the reach to 1st position is at it's minimum. The pickups have bloodwood covers that match those of the fretboard.

The standard specs:
Skjold CS pickups. These were reversed when I got the bass, resulting in bad tone and balance between them. Now that that is sorted, this bass is all I've come to expect from Skjold (this being my seventh): very open, natural, dynamic and punchy, wide, articulate yet somehow warm.
East pre-amp. Vol, bal or 4-position rotary switch (both included, really easy to go back & forth), treble w/ slap hi-boost pull function, bass, mid w/sweep eq center, tone w/ active-passive pull switch. Can go ALL sorts of places. I'm sure Wiro and Claude will confirm the extreme playability, sheer masses of tone and flexibility of these basses.
Hipshot hardware. I like Hipshot the best.

Why am I selling this:
Don't laugh... I've found a collectible I want to have, and buying something means I'll have to be selling something.
Also, I thought this had all the features I wanted in a Skjold, but I'm missing the feel the single cut had. It felt more substantial, somehow. Feels like I'm holding a guitar, really. This bass has a lot sustain though, only outdone by the Spector now being sold by Loz. Guess I need another 20 years before I can appreciate a really light bass. I don't know! I'm just not bonding with the bass like I've bonded with some others! It's a brilliant bass and it's not right for me! Gah.

Pete quoted me USD5500 for a new one like this, per his latest price hike. I'm asking [b]GBP1600[/b] which is[i] rather[/i] less than I paid for this, and I bought the bal pot, too! The bass is in near mint condition. Apart from changing the strings and the fingerprints, there is [i]one [/i] mark on the bass, shown in the last photo in this post. There's not even slap scratching.

Trades: well, I'm open to [b]any + cash[/b] trades. Comes with the excellent Skjold light hard case/gig bag hybrid. Would trade for the Roscoe CSVI njoha bought off me. EBMM basses would get a good trade value estimation from me.

[url="http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=125776"]My Mikseri.net page[/url] has 4 songs in it now! The two named songs were played with the Skjold, the earlier two were done with the SKB3006 I sold to Mark. You can really hear the difference! Same DI box, btw, a Raven Labs MDB-1.

Some pics of me own! You'll note that it we don't get much in the way of daylight here this time of year. :/

Edited by nobody's prefect

• 4 weeks later...