Why become a member? ×

YAMAHA TRB early## SOLD PLS REMOVE##

fluffo

Yamaha TRB 5 string bass bolt on neck, with some great added features, it has a pair of nordstrand pick-ups and an audere 3 band active eq, this really sounds good with enough variation to get any sound or tone you want.
Yes it has some scares and the luthier that installed this system made a pigs ear of the jack socket, which has been moved to the lower bottom horn, as we all know barrel jack sockets can play up hence why it has been moved and changed.
A small scratch plate has been fitted but this can easily be removed.
As far as the playability goes this really plays well with a nice low action all frets are in good order with very little wear.
Comes with original hard case.

Looking to either sell or trade/swap for 5 string jazz of some sort, any suggestion will be considered.(jazz deluxe would be perfect but lets see what comes up)
Other option is to swap for a 70's jazz bass neck or other jazz neck

I am willing to sell for £350, Its worth that in eq and pickups

email [email protected] or call on 07956 964156

[attachment=57147:trb2.JPG][attachment=57146:trb1.JPG][attachment=57148:trb3.JPG] [attachment=57149:trb4.JPG][attachment=57150:trb5.JPG][attachment=57151:trb6.JPG]
[attachment=57150:trb5.JPG][attachment=57151:trb6.JPG][attachment=57152:trb7.JPG]
[attachment=57153:trb8.JPG][attachment=57287:yamdam1.JPG][attachment=57288:yamdam2.JPG][attachment=5
7289:yamdam3.JPG]

Edited by fluffo

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='932035' date='Aug 21 2010, 05:18 PM']Hey Mate!

What is it with you and great taste in Yamaha Basses!

If only i had any money! X_x
best of luck with the sale![/quote]
I love the yams, really regret the muang, that got stolen in transit to scotland by the Royal Fail!!!!

fluffo, with the shallow cutaway on the treble side (where the small scratchplate is) this looks like one of the earlier and more desirable first series TRB5s, not a TRBII. Probably a moot point as the pups and electrics have been changed but the early TRBs usually play better than the later ones in my experience. Good luck with the sale, Ian

[quote name='ikay' post='932058' date='Aug 21 2010, 05:35 PM']fluffo, with the shallow cutaway on the treble side (where the small scratchplate is) this looks like one of the earlier and more desirable first series TRB5s, not a TRBII. Probably a moot point as the pups and electrics have been changed but the early TRBs usually play better than the later ones in my experience. Good luck with the sale, Ian[/quote]
thanks mate will amend

[quote name='fluffo' post='932046' date='Aug 21 2010, 05:25 PM']I love the yams, really regret the muang, that got stolen in transit to scotland by the Royal Fail!!!![/quote]

I love the Yamahas too!

I don't get out my city much but if i hear anything about the Myung I'll let you know, real shame!

Any reason for selling them all? :) haha!

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='932229' date='Aug 21 2010, 08:37 PM']I love the Yamahas too!

I don't get out my city much but if i hear anything about the Myung I'll let you know, real shame!

Any reason for selling them all? :) haha![/quote]
I got a nice custom made jazz 5 now so just using that

This bass as far as I know is 34" scale. This used to be mine and I have to say its a great bass guitar. The only reason I sold it was that I needed to offload it to get another Washburn Idol guitar. This bass plays really well and the pickups and pre-amp really make this bass stand out. If you want to hear sound clips have a listen to this:

Edited by WHUFC BASS

[quote name='benzies123' post='934252' date='Aug 23 2010, 10:26 PM']I'm really digging those mods and as you can see in my signiture my TRB5 fretless is half way there. Could I ask about the pickups though? Which Nordstrands are they and were they easy to fit?

Sorry this isn't buying related but i would really appreciate that info.[/quote]
They were in it when I got them so not sure what model number the pickups are and it's all easy if your good at soldering, no real biggy.
get some there the best out there.

[quote name='fluffo' post='934259' date='Aug 23 2010, 10:35 PM']They were in it when I got them so not sure what model number the pickups are and it's all easy if your good at soldering, no real biggy.
get some there the best out there.[/quote]
just added some other pics