Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Five Fifteen Mini Bass Stack.

Grassie

Hi Everyone,

Just been reading about the need for more (or less) than 300w for general pub or club gigs. I'm soon to start rehearsing with a new band (two guitars, drums and myself) but would really like to downsize my rig. I'm currently playing through a Hartke HA3500 head and VX 4x10 set up which has basically buggered my back up with all the lugging about. I like the look of the Five Fifteen stack (not the combo), but was wondering if 100w is going to be enough? We're going to play a good mixture of acoustic stuff and some other tunes that are a little bit more full on. Has anyone out there played this stack in a similar situation? Will it cut through?

Regards

Grant

I had one for a while. Great tone, very compact and still sounds great when your running it at max (doesn't get grainy or distorted at all). It just did not have the volume I needed. If you have a loud drummer or guitarist you may struggle volume wise, although at the right levels you'll 'cut through' fine.

Fantastic amp for the money though!

Hi,
I had one of these for ages. Lovely little things, though if I remember correctly, they are only 65w.
I used mine for small pub gigs and it seemed to cope just fine, though most of what we were doing at the time was acoustic guitar-driven.
But if you are using a DI and the PA system, it should be more than enough I reckon.
I wouldn´t rate them for bigger venues though-definately not enough power.

the earlier "perfect 10 mini rig" was 65w and has 2 seperate 16ohm, 65w 10" speaker cabs instead of a single cab in the newer ones.
i still have my original one. I used it for my first ever gig with 2 guitarists (both using 30w 1x12 combos) and a drummer and i had to push it in a small pub. the extra power of the newer ones will help alot for a really small gig, but i just doubt it can deliver the goods with 2 guitarists unless its an acoustic orientated band or you always have pa support, however even then you will either need a di pedal or use the headphone jack which cuts power to the speakers.

I've gigged with a 75 watt 1x10 combo (Line6 studio 110), but that was with an electronic drum kit and full PA support. Wouldn't attempt it with an acoustic drum kit at all. Get a smaller cab and use your existing head would be my advice - or buy a handtruck and keep what you've got. You could go all around the houses and end up back where you started so try the simple solution first.