Why become a member? ×

OldGit

Rich

Like many, I have just seen this post and am shocked.

I bough a CIJ Precision from Si last year and he was a joy to buy from and gave me great and detailed advice on adjusting trussrods on P basses.

Will be sadly missed.

Gary Williams

Edited by Gary Williams

I am totally gutted to find this out so late! I had no idea until today about this....I have not really spent any time on BC and was surprised when Si had not responded to my newsletters from Bass Direct. To be honest Simon has been my mentor now since I had the idea to start my business 3 1/2 years ago. I cannot put into words just how much Simon helped and inspired me from day1.

I need to let this sink in, but in truth I am indebted to all the work and help that Simon offered me for little in return...a true friend and inspiration to me, I feel a great loss in my life right now. My thoughts are with the family right now and I know all you guys have been great friends to Simon as he was one the top members of this forum.

Mark

Very sad and touching to read this thread - I saw the photo of OG's 5 string Shuker P on the Shuker Bass homepage. I haven't been on this forum for a long time but this has reminded me what a great bunch of people are on here. I'll need to make more time to have a look on here.

This is so sad.

It feels odd to become upset over the passing of a person you only interacted with online, but from all the posts on this thread, it's clear Si was as nice & genuine in person as he was online.

I bought his Ibanez Weeping Demon a while back. He posted it to me even before I could get the money together to actually pay him for it . . .

Gonna give it a good ol wow-wow-chicka-wow-wow next rehearsal . . .

RIP

Mark

Hi everybody,

this is Enrico Pasini of Wood&Tronics Basses, and I am posting in Basschat for the first time.

I have had the news of Simon's loss yesterday from our UK man Mark Stickley from Bass Direct, and it was is like being hit by a stone in my head. I wish that at least I had known before. I fell asleep at 5.30 AM and had an unprecedented stomach ache.

Not only Simon was a very dear friend of ours, he was a tremendous supporter, as many of you know as well.
He was many people in one, a multi-faceted, amazingly generous and enthusiastic man, always hungry for new ways to lend himself as a helpful friend.
He has worked hard on our website with his knowledge about ranking in search engines as the true expert he was, and he made it possible for us to be ranked in top positions in Google at the dial of "custom basses" and other key words.

Here we are with him last Spring, when he visited us in our shop in Belluno:

[url="http://www.wtbasses.net/home.aspx"]http://www.wtbasses.net/home.aspx[/url]

Thanks Si, we will need time to adapt to the idea that you are no longer with us...

Enrico

Edited by Wood&Tronics

[quote name='Wood&Tronics' post='951975' date='Sep 10 2010, 04:32 PM']Here we are with him last Spring, when he visited us in our shop in Belluno:

[url="http://www.wtbasses.net/home.aspx"]http://www.wtbasses.net/home.aspx[/url]

Thanks Si, we will need time to adapt to the idea that you are no longer with us...

Enrico[/quote]

Thats a great picture Enrico :)

[quote name='Wood&Tronics' post='951975' date='Sep 10 2010, 04:32 PM']Hi everybody,

this is Enrico Pasini of Wood&Tronics Basses, and I am posting in Basschat for the first time.

I have had the news of Simon's loss yesterday from our UK man Mark Stickley from Bass Direct, and it was is like being hit by a stone in my head. I wish that at least I had known before. I fell asleep at 5.30 AM and had an unprecedented stomach ache.

Not only Simon was a very dear friend of ours, he was a tremendous supporter, as many of you know as well.
He was many people in one, a multi-faceted, amazingly generous and enthusiastic man, always hungry for new ways to lend himself as a helpful friend.
He has worked hard on our website with his knowledge about ranking in search engines as the true expert he was, and he made it possible for us to be ranked in top positions in Google at the dial of "custom basses" and other key words.

Here we are with him last Spring, when he visited us in our shop in Belluno:

Enrico[/quote]

Dear Enrico,

Thanks for the link to the wonderful photo - and thanks Mark for the other one. I am very moved. I think our son Callum took the pictures - am I right Enrico?

I used Si's icon from Basschat on the end of the coffin as the bass cleff so summed him up. Callum was insistent that he should carry the battered red Fender Precision which was his practice bass in our back room and put it by his dad during the service.

thanks again guys - your support has been invaluable and it is great to hear about the tribute gigs which are going on. If I have any news I will pass it on

Ros and Callum

Slightly ashamed that I've only just found out this news through the Shuker web site.

Had the pleasure of meeting Si (and Rich) a few years back and have been in touch often since both professionally (I make web sites) and personally (he's passed me some great gigs), sadly never quite got around to meeting up again, almost did so as recently as a few weeks before his passing and now so wish that we had.

So sad.