Why become a member? ×

OldGit

Rich

Like several others, I've been away and/or been busy lately and just heard this tragic news today.

Si was one of the genuine people on this forum - always helpful and willing to share his huge wealth of experience with us, with humour but never with nastiness. Although I never met him personally, I feel that I have lost a friend.

Warm condolences to those he has left behind.

[quote name='JMT3781' post='938792' date='Aug 28 2010, 02:33 PM']Check out the Tribute on Jon Shukers page.. Was that bass Old gits?[/quote]

Yup. I went to Jon's the same day with Simon to pick up mine.

[quote name='Stingray5' post='933296' date='Aug 23 2010, 03:38 AM']Dear Ros,

I've just seen your post and would like to express my sincerest condolences to you personally for your sad loss and say thank you for taking the time to reply to all here.
I think it's safe to say Simon will not be forgotten here on Basschat and as you've seen (and already know), he was a very well-respected and valued member of the bass community.

I'll also look forward to news of whichever charity you decided to nominate in Si's memory. A tribute gig is a great idea, too! :)

Best wishes to you and your family,

Steve (Stingray5)[/quote]

I would like to echo the same sentiment.

Just back from the really lovely service, full of happy memories of a truly lovely gent. lots of tears and lots of laughter too, just as he'd have wanted it, I suspect. Nice to catch up with so many old friends, even if the circumstances weren't the best. Goodbye, Si xx

I was close to buying Si's Red Precision a few months back, the one as used by Mucical Youth allegedly, we'd joked about the song Pass the Duchie which must have been played on it a few times, and I'd wondered how the bass would feel having Muse songs played on it instead :) . Wish I bought the bass.

I'll have a wee dram for you tonight Si mate.

Raised a cup of tea and had a good jam today in Si's memory, aswell as a 2 minute silence. Rest in peace old friend. Memories of you will not fade in a hurry. I wish you could see all the kind things people have said about you in this thread. Legends never die.