Why become a member? ×

OldGit

Rich

Really really sad news.
I'd never met Si but we'd talked a hell of a lot on here and by P.M. and considered him at least a "virtual friend".
His huge contribution and wit will be sorely missed on here and my thoughts go out to everyone left behind.

Rest In Peace Si.

Eude

Terrible news, I am a lucky one to have met Si and spent hours discussing websites via PM on here, he was always an absolute gent and a funny dude to boot. Will miss him greatly.

RIP Si, my thoughts are with your family and friends

Edited by Johngh
typo correction

A few more pics to share.

Proud dad
[attachment=56730:DSC00083sm.JPG]

I reckon he likes it
[attachment=56731:DSC00086sm.JPG]

Arrggh! So many strings!
[attachment=56732:DSC00090sm.JPG]

A good day
[attachment=56733:DSC00110sm.JPG]

EDIT: on reflection, I think his big smile in the last pic is because he'd just realised that he and Dood were the only guys in the room with any hair.

MB1. :)
...Shocked!... first spoke to Si many moons ago on the Original Forum!...He bought a White Fender Precision 62 reissue off me! (an impulse purchase by me!.. Local and cheap due to the guy emigrating) which i delivered to Cardiff for him (for the same price i bought it for... plus petrol).....On Arrival we then headed down the local Cafe...Toasted Cheese sandwiches and a brew!..Plenty of Basschat!...He then talked me into delivering another bass hed just Sold on my way Home! :rolleyes: ..He Later Sold the Precision on!.. and sent me a cheque in the post as he thought id Sold it to him ...Too Cheap!
...A Total Gent!.. MAD!... a pleasure to have met you Sir!

P.S..Oasis is still the name of a Fruit Drink! :lol:

I can only imagine that the sentiments expressed here about Si are being echoed by countless others who knew him through his other walks in life; I truly hope that those closest to him will be able to draw some kind of comfort from knowing just how much Si meant to so many people.

I still can't believe that I wont be able to laugh and joke with you again Si, you daft bugger! :wub:

Thanks for posting more pics Rich, I know it won't help any but I'd like to send you a huge (((hug))) anyway, take care mate xx

I only had some brief dealings with Si, while he was trying to help find a dep for some people he knew in Cardiff. He was trying as hard as he could for no real gain for himself, guess that summed the guy up, selfless.

This is truely sad and I guess this place won't be the same again.

Take care everyone.

[quote name='Rich' post='926429' date='Aug 16 2010, 01:44 PM']A few more pics to share.

Proud dad
[attachment=56730:DSC00083sm.JPG]

I reckon he likes it
[attachment=56731:DSC00086sm.JPG]

Arrggh! So many strings!
[attachment=56732:DSC00090sm.JPG]

A good day
[attachment=56733:DSC00110sm.JPG][/quote]

Ahhhh, it all comes flooding back! Si you daft bugger you! x

I met Si not so long ago in a transaction
went over to his house and we chatted
his enthusiasm was contagious(you only have to view his posts to see)
really was a lovely bloke
we chatted about his Bass/Sax playing but
also of my first instrument Blues harp and how he wanted to attend
my next gig as he was loving learning harp
that will not happen and i was looking forward to helping him out what i could
his '62 p pick ups reside in my '64 bitsa
really lovely bloke

antony

Edited by anthomp

Absolutely gutted. Lovely bloke, had lots of chats about websites, SEO and amp modelling! Maybe we should get a collection going for his family?

What is it with 2010? People seem to be dropping left, right and centre (I lost my mum back in June). This year is cursed, I swear. :)

Just read the news - really don't know what to say. I met Simon last year at the Cardiff bash...and straight away new we'd met a (more than) a few years earlier and shared a few musical friends. Had a great chat or two. Easy to judge his fine reputation here from all the comments.

Thanks to Rich for breaking the news and deepest sympathy for all the nearest and dearest.....