Why become a member? ×

OldGit

Rich

I can barely see to make this post and I was the same last night when I found out. I'm devastated and my thoughts and sympathies go out to his family and friends.

I have warm memories of Si's visit. I took him around the RAF base where I am stationed (he loved aircraft) and as you can see from the photos that my good lady posted; we had a lot of fun.

Si was one of the reasons I went for a Shuker, he even phoned Jon while I was there to make sure I hadn't got lost in the famous wood store.

He is sorely missed.

Rest in Peace friend.

Pete

I was fortunate enough to have Si come to one of my gigs in Cardiff a few years ago. He didn't know who i was and we had only had brief chats on here, but still he made the effort to come out on a tueseday night to see us play. Full of fantastic advice and a level of observation that made clear he took an active interest in helping others. A very rare gem that will leave a noticable hole both on this forum and in many of our lives. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Just to echo the thoughts of many before. I have been busy over the weekend and this morning was the first time I'd really got to look at the site fpr a couple of days. This is terrible news. I only met Simon once at one of the Northampton bassbashes though I've exchanged Pm's and recently had a pedal off him, always seemed a thouroughly straight and helpful guy. My sincere condolences to his family.

Absolutely speechless!
Although this place is essentially an online community you get the feeling that everyone has lost a true friend.
This news really puts things into perspective and personally shows me what is truly important.
RIP Si.... My thoughts go out to your firends and family.

Such a shock - Old Git seemed like a permanent fixture on Basschat. I never met him but always enjoyed reading his posts, which were many and varied and always interesting. So sad. He's going to be missed around here.

Edited by stevie

SHOCKED...

I left this topic alone as I thought he was just not going to be able to post for a while as originally suggested.
I never knew him personally but we bantered a bit on here although I know we were coming from the same direction.

Truly shocked and such a shame as he was an excellent contributor who will be sorely missed here.

Condolences to all who knew him.

Well said Rich

I have become a member just to say so long to a dear, dear friend.
He started on the bass a couple of weeks behind me, when we were at school.

Later, we both wanted to know how Wishbone Ash got that bass sound on the early albums with a Gibbo' . . only to find years later that they hired in a Precision.

My last memory . . . having him sat right in front of Wishbone Ash Live at my very own private party in June . . . My goodness we had a grand time!

The world, my world, was so much better for having had you in it SiCco . RIP

In deep shock

Simon