Why become a member? ×

OldGit

Rich

1 hour ago, Rich said:

It'll be 8 years tomorrow. Eight. And there's still a Simon-shaped hole here that will never be filled.

Luv ya mate.

I will always remember the laughs we had this day...

DSC_0094.jpg

• Sad 1

On 09/08/2018 at 15:22, dood said:

I will always remember the laughs we had this day...

DSC_0094.jpg

Aww yes, I still have the group photo here on my desk. The best of times.

Remember when he was in the office playing Doodle and the rest of us were out in the workshop? There was this cry of anguish from the office and we went in to see what was up, he looked at us & wailed "IT'S GOT SO MANY STRINGS!" :lol: 

Edited by Rich

On 09/08/2018 at 17:21, Rich said:

Aww yes, I still have the group photo here on my desk. The best of times.

Remember when he was in the office playing Doodle and the rest of us were out in the workshop? There was this cry of anguish from the office and we went in to see what was up, he looked at us & wailed "IT'S GOT SO MANY STRINGS!" :lol: 

😂😂😂

I do!!!!! I think this was that moment. I also love that he sought out the kettle double-quick time. My kinda guy!! 

DSC_0074.jpg

Edited by Rich
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

10. Whoosh. Jesus, I remember that phone call like it was yesterday. I was crossing one of the roads at work, my phone rang and when I heard Stu's first words I stopped in my tracks. I had to sit down on the kerb. The only thing I could think of to say was, "no... no, mate, are we talking about the same Simon?" :(

• Sad 2

12 hours ago, Rich said:

10. Whoosh. Jesus, I remember that phone call like it was yesterday. I was crossing one of the roads at work, my phone rang and when I heard Stu's first words I stopped in my tracks. I had to sit down on the kerb. The only thing I could think of to say was, "no... no, mate, are we talking about the same Simon?" :(

:(

Never met him in person but his presence on here was undeniable. Hope you're doing OK @Rich :)

• Thanks 1

Some people don't take long to make an impact. Met Si in a Welsh service station car park, for a brief handshake and a handover. And then, just like that he was gone. 

Still think of him, how generous he was with that most precious resource, his time. 

Best tribute any of us can give him is to offer ourselves up to help others in the same selfless spirit. 

• Like 6