Why become a member? ×

Agilar DB 750

Flanker

Is there anyone not a million miles from Milton Keynes who has a Aguilar DB750 I could have a go on?

I love the tone of my Walkabout - the extra balls it has compared to SS stuff!

I'd like a similar tone but with more Watts(Some say the tone of the bigger Mesa amps isn't the same?)

The Gallery is next option but thought it might be worth an ask anyway. Ta :)

Machinehead in Hitchin is an Aguilar dealer - don't know if they have a 750 in stock though....

P

[quote name='Flanker' post='103735' date='Dec 13 2007, 10:06 AM']Is there anyone not a million miles from Milton Keynes who has a Aguilar DB750 I could have a go on?

I love the tone of my Walkabout - the extra balls it has compared to SS stuff!

I'd like a similar tone but with more Watts(Some say the tone of the bigger Mesa amps isn't the same?)

The Gallery is next option but thought it might be worth an ask anyway. Ta :)[/quote]

Just checked their site (machinehead.co.uk) and they claim to have the 750 in stock

P

[quote name='Platypus' post='103828' date='Dec 13 2007, 12:56 PM']Machinehead in Hitchin is an Aguilar dealer - don't know if they have a 750 in stock though....

P[/quote]

The DB750 is reputed to be quite Thunderfunk-ish, but a bit fatter (both sound-wise and physically!) so that'll maybe give you an idea of what to expect (I know you owned the Thunderfunk that Bassjamm's selling at the mo' - an it sounds GOOD!)