Why become a member? ×

What an interesting way to try and sell gear!

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='103183' date='Dec 12 2007, 12:30 PM']Someone message him and ask if he'll end the auction early, just to see if he explodes.[/quote]
Already have AND asked for pics. Might pop round and see him if he is local......Can then test the gear AFTER asking if he has any leads...... :)

Edited by BassBunny

[quote name='Musky' post='104139' date='Dec 13 2007, 11:33 PM']Cracking buy! What was the bass by the way, or do you not know (or even care!) yet?[/quote]
It's an Aria Rhino:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260185842563"]Original Aria Rhino auction[/url]

Couldn't find out much about it except that the switches are (IIRC) active/passive and alternative combinations of the two humbucker coils. I'm quite surprised that Arias in general don't seem to be exactly setting the world on fire on ebay. Or maybe instrument sales generally are slowing down a lot, even in the mid-range area of Arias and Westones.

Grrrr. It's a Trace 1115, which is the 150W 1x15" combo decombofied. Have emailed him to tell him it's not a 500W - wouldn't have bid for it had I known it was the 150. I await his response...

The Aria Rhino seems like a nice budget bass, though I haven't yet plugged it in. Does need strings and a little setting up. Bolt-on, maple neck which feels like the sort of profile I like, lacquer over what could well be a maple body.