Why become a member? ×

Where to stick my kazoo

thisnameistaken

I didn't know Mark Kermode was a bass player, or that he could play harmonica at the same time, that's ace.

We're doing an "unplugged" thing next week and we've got a couple of songs with brass parts that will be missed, I'm just trying to come up with ways to cover some of them. Our singer does have a harmonica, don't know what key it's in though...

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='919284' date='Aug 9 2010, 09:00 AM']I didn't know Mark Kermode was a bass player, or that he could play harmonica at the same time, that's ace.

We're doing an "unplugged" thing next week and we've got a couple of songs with brass parts that will be missed, I'm just trying to come up with ways to cover some of them. Our singer does have a harmonica, don't know what key it's in though...[/quote]

Kazoo's funnier. Get one each for everyone in the band. Don't bother with the holder then the moment when you whip them out of your pockets for the horn parts will be a surprise and more entertaining. If it's there on a holder everyone will be ahead of you and it will have less impact.

We play some stuff that traditionally has horn parts and sometimes we just sing them, or shout them in tune, really. It's a bit like a coach full of blokes might do .. Or the kazoos come out...
That raises a smile too...

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='918486' date='Aug 8 2010, 01:59 AM']I have a double bass and also a kazoo. I would like to attach my kazoo to the top of it maybe using a goose neck type fitting with a clamp on one end. Where can I get something like that?[/quote]

Stick it in your cleavage until you need it. I've got a friend who plays kazoo halfway through one of her songs, and that's she does.

[quote name='OldGit' post='919286' date='Aug 9 2010, 09:05 AM']Kazoo's funnier. Get one each for everyone in the band. Don't bother with the holder then the moment when you whip them out of your pockets for the horn parts will be a surprise and more entertaining. If it's there on a holder everyone will be ahead of you and it will have less impact.[/quote]

Yeah you're right, just wondering how that's going to work though. It'll be tricky because of course both my hands are going to be busy but I also sing, so I can't keep the thing in my mouth either. Drummer will manage it but I won't. Maybe he should play it on his own, it would suit him actually. :)

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='919317' date='Aug 9 2010, 09:53 AM']Yeah you're right, just wondering how that's going to work though. It'll be tricky because of course both my hands are going to be busy but I also sing, so I can't keep the thing in my mouth either. Drummer will manage it but I won't. Maybe he should play it on his own, it would suit him actually. :)[/quote]

No one will notice of you stop slappin' it and hold a note for a bar or two whilst you whip it out. You're just the bass player, after all :rolleyes:
or employ a nubile roadie to hold it in their cleavage ready.

Edited by OldGit