Why become a member? ×

swapped

spiritchaser

[size=2][b]Swapped for an incredible fretless :) Thanks for your interest.[/b][/size]

Hi all,

at last I've decided against keeping this killer Wal, since soundwise there is hardly a noticable difference between my new white Wal MK II and this wonderful 1989 Wal MK II midi bass, and I cannot afford owning 3 Wals at the same time.

It's in a great condition. Wenge facings over mahogany core, ebony fretboard. It weighs in at slightly below 5 kgs. Frets are fine. Neck straight. Very very low action.
Currently strung with Sadowski steel strings. Only flaw is that sometimes there is some creaking sound from the bridge poti, but that shouldn't be a great issue. Also, there is no midi module with this bass, since I purchased the bass without one from its original owner (editor-in-chief of the reknown bass magazine "Bass Professor"). Having emailed the original developer of that midi system, Steve Chick told me that these module wouldl crop up now and then on the second hand market, since they were not produced for Wal exclusively.

Otherwise fully working electronics & very powerful output featuring that thunderous Wal tone we're all after.

Keep in mind that these midi Wals are very rare and collectible items.

I've swapped the chrome tuners with some black ones by Schaller. The original ones are still here if you want them.

Comes in a sturdy, as-new Warwick RoadReady Rockcase. I'm willing to ship worldwide.

This is a great sounding and playing Wal.

Cheers
Oliver

Edited by spiritchaser

You've got 3?? :)

I want a non midi one I think, ( I dont wanna pay for something/feature I won't use,but getting hold of a classic '89.....) but want one, non the less,
does it do the normal Wal "thing?"
is the price negotiable? I'd see why, if not but...well, its a nice one innit?

btw: have you changed the machine heads?
black ones?
Edit:
re read your post that answers some Qs do original "Heads" come included? and price ? a bit steep for me though its worth it!
Pm me if you can come down a bit

Edited by witterth

Hi Oliver !
I'm a bit surprised actually to see another midi-Wal for sale since I sold you mine some time ago (which you sold shortly after). Probably the Wal-vibe is a bit too seducing :-)
Good luck with your sale ! Nice looking bass...(you can use it as an "ordinay" Wal without the midi-module)
Price seems to be ok, I sold mine for exactly the same as you may recall..

[quote name='wombatboter' post='914805' date='Aug 4 2010, 01:30 PM']Hi Oliver !
I'm a bit surprised actually to see another midi-Wal for sale since I sold you mine some time ago (which you sold shortly after). Probably the Wal-vibe is a bit too seducing :-)
Good luck with your sale ! Nice looking bass...(you can use it as an "ordinay" Wal without the midi-module)
Price seems to be ok, I sold mine for exactly the same as you may recall..[/quote]

Hi Geert,

yes, yours went for a as-new fretless sixstring Wal which I couldn't resist. Unfortunately, I had to sell the 6 to finance the isolation of our loft ...

Why again a midi Wal? Well, actually I was after an ordinary MK II 4 and that one was the first I spotted at that time. I solely used it as an "ordinary" Wal bass.

And this one rips your head of and tears down walls ... which my new one is equally capable of, so there's no reason to keep the other one.

So, having sold the Midi Wal would still leave me with my new white MK II 4 and my translucent green lined fretless Wal MK II 5.

I'm practically sold :)

ta
Oliver

Edited by spiritchaser