Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD Ashdown Classic Series Klystron 575w

I have a mint-condition Ashdown Classic Series Klystron 575w head. UK-built head.

Barely used, still boxed, with four-way footswitch and manual.

Sounds great through my Ashdown Mag 8x10 800w cab which I am also selling elsewhere on Basschat.
Just too big for my needs (ie mainly small pub gigs!)

Looking for around £450 for the head - or about £600 for the head and cab, but open to offers.

Pics below and a link to the blurb from the Ashdown website.

[url="http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=179"]http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=179[/url]

Edited by bassbiscuits

PRICE DROP to £375, but once again open to offers if anyone wants to make one.

I should point out this is a recent (2007) UK-made model, not one of the older Ashdowns, some of which were also called Klystrons.

It comes with a four-way footswitch, controlling EQ on/off, compression, valve drive and sub-harmonics.
All boxed and mint nick.

It came direct from Ashdown in 2008 to replace a faulty ABM 500 I had, so it's all tested and good - (I've tried some Ashdowns that in my opinion have been a bit quiet, but this one's definitely a loud one!)

I'm based in Leicestershire but willing to deliver within a sensible distance.
Cheers
07841 677401

That is a seriously amazing price for a fantastic amp. I love mine and what ever the Ashdown declaimers say, you can get a pounding noise out of these. Teamed with a P bass, a 15 and 2x10 cab I can easily keep up and out compete the rest of my band, and we are loud!

Some one buy it, it's a killer bargain. :)

[quote name='Marky L' post='918697' date='Aug 8 2010, 12:57 PM']That is a seriously amazing price for a fantastic amp. I love mine and what ever the Ashdown declaimers say, you can get a pounding noise out of these. Teamed with a P bass, a 15 and 2x10 cab I can easily keep up and out compete the rest of my band, and we are loud!

Some one buy it, it's a killer bargain. :)[/quote]

Hi - had a PM from Mickd but can't seem to reply to it!

Give me a ring on 07841 677401 to discuss

Cheers

• 5 weeks later...

Ok - final price drop on the Ashdown head - will accept £350 ono.

Looking to get something that I'll use more so let me know if you want this bad boy.

Based in Leicestershire, but poss visiting South Wales this weekend so opportunity to drop off/meet on route if sale agreed.

Go on, someone make me an offer!

[quote name='bassbiscuits' post='955408' date='Sep 13 2010, 09:22 PM']Ok - final price drop on the Ashdown head - will accept £350 ono.

Looking to get something that I'll use more so let me know if you want this bad boy.

Based in Leicestershire, but poss visiting South Wales this weekend so opportunity to drop off/meet on route if sale agreed.

Go on, someone make me an offer![/quote]

Hi, my keyboard player should have been in touch to say that I'm interested in your amp - looking around £300 if you can go to that - my number is 07843 421021 if you want a chat

[quote name='TerryV' post='955955' date='Sep 14 2010, 01:20 PM']Hi, my keyboard player should have been in touch to say that I'm interested in your amp - looking around £300 if you can go to that - my number is 07843 421021 if you want a chat[/quote]

Hi Terry - yes all sorted.

cheers for that.