Why become a member? ×

Need more power

nottswarwick

I'm with many others here.... more cone area will give U FAR more volume than getting the bigger Mark bass amp! IME you'd need a 3-4000w amp to give U a lot more vol. I use the LMII into a BErgantino NV610 & I was amazed at how much LOUDER it is thru that cab compared to the 4 x 10 I was using!!! I also tried the LMII thru 2 LOUD (very efficient) 4 x 10 cabs & again = VERY loud!!! Get either more cone area or simply more efficient cabs to get more volume. Schroeder cabs are LOUD & efficient cabs.

Im with the other idea. Tell the sound guy you cant hear yourself and let them do the job they are paid to do. If the drum monitor is drowning you out tell them. Maybe get more bass in it so its coming at ya (like...well you know;-).
Not disregarding any of the other ideas but monitors are there to help you hear yourself.

Or get a Schroeder cab.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='104062' date='Dec 13 2007, 08:43 PM']Im with the other idea. Tell the sound guy you cant hear yourself and let them do the job they are paid to do. If the drum monitor is drowning you out tell them. Maybe get more bass in it so its coming at ya (like...well you know;-).
Not disregarding any of the other ideas but monitors are there to help you hear yourself.[/quote]
+1. When I went to see Silverfoxnik play the kick drum was just a tab to loud through the PA but it made the bass sound boomy FOH. Suggested the sound man take the kick down by a gnats chuff and bingo - sounded great.

• 4 weeks later...

oops - forgot this thread. I am a bit happier now - I had a nightmare few gigs which I will put down to experience. I am looking at a 4*10 option to go with my 2*10. I have decided that I agree with my own previous opinion that low onstage vol is better. But I think that 4 or 6 drivers will spread the sound more, so that even at low/mid vol, the movement of air will be fuller and more audible. I think I was wrong to state that the LMii is not loud enough.

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='115952' date='Jan 7 2008, 11:49 PM']oops - forgot this thread. I am a bit happier now - I had a nightmare few gigs which I will put down to experience. I am looking at a 4*10 option to go with my 2*10. I have decided that I agree with my own previous opinion that low onstage vol is better. But I think that 4 or 6 drivers will spread the sound more, so that even at low/mid vol, the movement of air will be fuller and more audible. I think I was wrong to state that the LMii is not loud enough.[/quote]

I missed the dates and thought it was a new thread :)

I saw Mark King a few years ago (not my money, I won the tickets ..)
He had a pair of monitor wedges just for bass at his feet - Ashdown customs I think, as well as the normal Ash stack.
Seeing as your problem is when you have FOH doing the main low end work, why not try a mid/top wedge aimed at your head and no backline at all ...

Or in ear monitoring.

Smarter not louder ..... :huh:

Edited by OldGit