Why become a member? ×

Guy Pratt and his stack-knob Jazz

99ster

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='914158' date='Aug 3 2010, 07:02 PM']E Sharp. Have you had an eye test recently? :) :rolleyes: That aint Mr Pratt, that`s the guy who plays bass with Robbie Williams. I would reconise that black P bass anywhere. If it`s Guy, he wearing a fat suit!!

I got his name, it`s Jerry Meehan.

Jez Cleuso[/quote]
I said "I might be proved wrong" , and it appears I have been .

It just looked like him , albeit a tad more hefty . What with the P bass (thought it was one of his Nash's) , the Ashdown head and 8x10 (which I know he uses) , and the Avalon DI on top of the amp (I know he has / had , an Avalon 737SP mic pre) .

Yeah , and my eyes , at 41 , are not what they were . I look in the mirror , and still think I look rather snazzy, though the wife soon tells me (that's her job) .

Also I can't compete with the crawling being dished out :lol: , but if you're reading this Guy , I bought your book , thought it was great , and not leant it to anybody :lol:

Hi all, me again..

Sad that I have time to read it all really..

To answer..

That Roxy interview was done in 2007, and I did point out that it would be very foolish to take out a mortgage based on being Roxy's bass player!

Well spotted on the Nash, although my black one is a Jazz...The Avalon belongs to Mr Gilmour..

And yes I do have a whole load more drunk/debauched tour stories...

Cheers!

Guy

I definitely think being a musician is the career for drunken debauchery. Getting pissed at an investment conference lacks that essential rock and role, no matter how much booze you soak into your pinstripes. Besides, who would read about it? As I was telling my mate, a BP engineer, it's no use having fun if you've just ruined the world; I'm not saying he personally did, he's just convenient to blame. And from Leicester. Possibly why neither of us will write books.

I did come away from the whole thing wishing Rob Palmer had locked me in his house. I'd still f***ing be there.

[quote name='YouMa' post='915397' date='Aug 4 2010, 09:39 PM']His dad was a wicked actor,very underated i love randall and hopkirk.Not as much as jason king though.........enchante.[/quote]

Just to deviate - can you imagine if that Jason King 'fashion' came back? Aircraft-carrier lapels and creases in flares that would slice your fingers to the bone (shudder!).

Edited by Stacker

[quote name='douggie' post='915507' date='Aug 5 2010, 12:07 AM']Sad that I have time to read it all really..[/quote]

cheer up mate, it's not sad at all to have time, especially to read good comments about your self! i wish i can read thread about me with such nice talk from bass players around the globe!

:)

Well Guy, thanks for clearing up the "I am not in Roxy anymore debate" but how do you feel about a Guy clone being your replacement? :)

You do realise that by "coming out of the closet" to use a expression, that when you do the Edinburgh gig, you are going to be mobbed by all the guys on this site who attend the gig demanding autographs, photo`s, bass guitars etc....

Jez

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='916239' date='Aug 5 2010, 05:59 PM']Well Guy, thanks for clearing up the "I am not in Roxy anymore debate" but how do you feel about a Guy clone being your replacement? :)

You do realise that by "coming out of the closet" to use a expression, that when you do the Edinburgh gig, you are going to be mobbed by all the guys on this site who attend the gig demanding autographs, photo`s, bass guitars etc....

Jez[/quote]

Well wouldn't that be nice...Although I expect you're all blokes..

[quote name='douggie' post='916668' date='Aug 6 2010, 08:40 AM']Well wouldn't that be nice...Although I expect you're all blokes..[/quote]

Well, last time I saw you (2007? 2008?) there were a few dames in the audience. Might bring my missus this time to cheer you up! Howzat?

Aannyway... back to the stack knob???

I really can't crawl as I got the book out the library. It was a great read. Nostalgia points 10/10.

Fantastic to have Guy on the forum. Please stay with us and give us the benefit of your knowledge on other stuff.

[quote name='Gust0o' post='915298' date='Aug 4 2010, 07:38 PM']Can I please be the second to crawl after Jez?

I met Rafa Benitez in rather pissed form and ended up putting him in a headlock (it was my stag do - we thought he was a waiter); thus I feel the next famous person I meet should have a bit more dignity.

/Crawl.[/quote]

pity you didnt do us all a favour and punched him in the nose lol....... The futures wed the the futures Woy!

[quote name='OldGit' post='916812' date='Aug 6 2010, 11:00 AM']Paging Sarah, Endorka![/quote]

Good call - I have a gig in Edinburgh on the evening of the 22nd, so that ties in nicely with Mr. Pratt's show that afternoon. Ticket bought, looking forward to the show!

Jennifer

Thank you Endorka and any others who've bought tix for Edinburgh. Feel free to come and say hello after if so inclined.

Alright, any questions then? I'm going to New Zealand tomorrow so might be a few days before I'm back on.

Anyone takes the piss though and I'll come down on 'em like a ton of bricks. Capiche?

Cheers

Guy

I can't think of anything to say. Have fun in NZ Guy.

Does Craig Martini still post here? Can we have an exclusive famous bass player forum that the rest of us are not allowed in? Or we could start threads about as many famous bass players as possible and see how many turn up?

I still bore the wife silly about the fact that the bloke off Sky News emailed me.

[quote name='paul h' post='917240' date='Aug 6 2010, 06:00 PM']I can't think of anything to say. Have fun in NZ Guy.

Does Craig Martini still post here? Can we have an exclusive famous bass player forum that the rest of us are not allowed in? Or we could start threads about as many famous bass players as possible and see how many turn up?

I still bore the wife silly about the fact that the bloke off Sky News emailed me.[/quote]
Craig Martini was born on exactly the same day as me. We are bass twins :) he got all the talent though. I bore my wife silly with that :rolleyes: :lol:

[quote name='paul h' post='917240' date='Aug 6 2010, 05:00 PM']I can't think of anything to say. Have fun in NZ Guy.

I still bore the wife silly about the fact that the bloke off Sky News emailed me.[/quote]

Hey Paul!
Yeah, I'm still here. :)

Yes, Marvin is indeed my bass brother. We never did start that 31 club did we?

Ok, I'm not tryin' to hijack the thread. Just sayin' hello!

Craig