Why become a member? ×

VIGIER ARPEGE 5 string Series 4 (2009 model)

Captain Bassman

OK, hate to do this but it just ain't getting used much anymore! Not since the band changed the set list...

I bought this new from Bass Direct in January 2009. It's the current Series 4 model with the Glockenlang dual pre-amp providing separate EQ for each pickup.

It's got a burgundy finished alder body with subtle flamed maple facings front and back and a maple bolt-on neck with the patented Vigier 90/10 system - carbon fibre reinforcing, so no truss rod! :)

Weight is nice n light for a fiver at 9lbs. Switching between this and a Sadowsky 4 is no problem.

Neck is slim shallow D-shape, 18mm spacing at the bridge (I think) with a nice low action.

Anyway, here's the official blurb;

Body: Alder with maple front and back facings
Neck: Seven-piece maple and graphite (90/10 construction)
Fingerboard: Phenowood
Pickups: Vigier custom split-coil x 2
Electronics: Vigier 3-band EQ (designed by Glockenlang)
Controls: Volume, pickup pan, neck/bridge bass (stacked), neck/ bridge mid (stacked), neck/bridge treble (stacked)
Nut Width: 42.5mm
Neck Join: Bolt-on, five-bolt attachment
Scale Length: 33.8 inches
Frets: 24
Weight: 4.5kg (9lbs)

I've used this on every gig since new but it's in immaculate condition with no dings or significant scratches. Comes with a custom Vigier-embossed Hiscox Lite-Flite case.

Currently strung with DR Fatbeams (40s). Great range of tones from a tight honky Jazz bass sound to full, fat P-bass thump. Slap sound is really nice - sounds like a Jazz/Status hybrid to my ears.

PRICE DROP: £1,500 cash (no trades please)

These babies come in at between £2,800 and £3,100 brand new so snap yourself a virtually pristine one for half price!

Collection preferred but will consider courier (UK / mainland EU) at buyers expense.

Merci!

Edited by Captain Bassman

• 1 month later...

Had a couple of requests for sound clips but as I don't have much in the way of recording facilities at home you're best to check out You Tube where you can see Pascal Mulot demonstrating the 4 string Arpege series 4 (in French...!) here;

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca5sTDlpFTI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca5sTDlpFTI[/url]

Also, he's a better player than I could ever dream of becoming...and the bass he's playing is exactly the same colour as mine!! :)

Bonne chance mes amis!!