Why become a member? ×

Jon Shuker 6 string headless sig bass.

Dood

[quote name='dood' post='305531' date='Oct 13 2008, 02:43 PM']heh heh!!! bloomin Mustang Sally!!!! - No pictures yet... I have asked for some though, as this build diary has been a little bit luke warm in comparison to the Doodle monster thread!

Jon is keeping the bass under wraps though, as, mentioned in previous posts, he has a little surprise for me! Whcih I think will be very cool! (..and obviously sending pictures would kinda negate the surprise!!!)

Dan.[/quote]

I hope the surprise is an inlay of your face spanning from the 9th to the 15th fret :)

[quote name='Finbar' post='305864' date='Oct 13 2008, 11:04 PM']I hope the surprise is an inlay of your face spanning from the 9th to the 15th fret :)[/quote]

oh.. it's bad enough having one of my ugly mug on stage.. but two..... We'd lose audience members to unexpected cases of nausia!!!

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='306796' date='Oct 15 2008, 01:03 AM']Is the surprise that he hasn't even started it yet???[/quote]

Ha!!! That could well be it!! I hadn't heard from Jon in a while... it was only the trheads on here that kept appearing that reassured me he was still in the country! lol - I jest of course.. he has been kinda busy and kept his head down this year!

[quote name='Finbar' post='305864' date='Oct 13 2008, 11:04 PM']I hope the surprise is an inlay of your face spanning from the 9th to the 15th fret :)[/quote]
I hope it's [b]M U S T A N G S A L L Y[/b] inlaid in [color="#800080"]purple[/color] LEDs along the fingerboard :huh:

Well if nothing else Dood, this thread has given your new bass a name... whether you like it or not :huh: :huh: :unsure:

[quote name='dood' post='307008' date='Oct 15 2008, 12:31 PM']he has been kinda busy and kept his head down this year![/quote]
That's good news, as I've sent him an enquiry about getting a custom bass made. I haven't treated myself to a new bass in years and there's not much point sitting on savings with interest rate cuts.

[quote name='Rich' post='307018' date='Oct 15 2008, 12:50 PM']I hope it's [b]M U S T A N G S A L L Y[/b] inlaid in [color="#800080"]purple[/color] LEDs along the fingerboard :)

Well if nothing else Dood, this thread has given your new bass a name... whether you like it or not :huh: :huh: :huh:[/quote]

YOU GUYS!!!!!!!! I can see that you lot are not gonna let this lie for a second! Bloomin mustang sally!!! Grrrrrrrr!! ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Must 'ang Sally more like... from a high tree!

[quote name='peted' post='307081' date='Oct 15 2008, 01:51 PM']That's good news, as I've sent him an enquiry about getting a custom bass made. I haven't treated myself to a new bass in years and there's not much point sitting on savings with interest rate cuts.[/quote]

Hey matey! Hope things are good down in Ipswich for ya! - Yeah, I'm not sure how many basses Jon has on the go at the moment.. but he seems to have settled into his new workshop alright which is good news!

[quote name='dood' post='307158' date='Oct 15 2008, 03:40 PM']Hey matey! Hope things are good down in Ipswich for ya! - Yeah, I'm not sure how many basses Jon has on the go at the moment.[/quote]
Twenty when I spoke to him 10 days ago. He's on holiday this week but should be back over the weekend.

[quote name='dood' post='307158' date='Oct 15 2008, 03:40 PM']YOU GUYS!!!!!!!! I can see that you lot are not gonna let this lie for a second! Bloomin mustang sally!!! Grrrrrrrr!! ha ha ha ha ha ha!!![/quote]
Well, I did take the opportunity to play Mustang Sally on Doodle when I played it at Northampton...

[quote name='dood' post='307158' date='Oct 15 2008, 03:40 PM']Hey matey! Hope things are good down in Ipswich for ya! - Yeah, I'm not sure how many basses Jon has on the go at the moment.. but he seems to have settled into his new workshop alright which is good news![/quote]
Ipswich? Nay! I'm back in my home [i]taaan[/i] of Essex, innit. Your Doodle has come up when discussing specs with Jon :) I'm hoping it'll be similar to Doodle, but with something "a bit special" (ooh i'm a tease!)

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='307293' date='Oct 15 2008, 06:33 PM']Twenty when I spoke to him 10 days ago. He's on holiday this week but should be back over the weekend.[/quote]

GULP!!!

[quote name='tauzero' post='307921' date='Oct 16 2008, 02:50 PM']Well, I did take the opportunity to play Mustang Sally on Doodle when I played it at Northampton...[/quote]

GULP 2! lol - I did notice 'she' went round the room a few times.. the dirty girl!!

[quote name='peted' post='308379' date='Oct 17 2008, 09:29 AM']Ipswich? Nay! I'm back in my home [i]taaan[/i] of Essex, innit. Your Doodle has come up when discussing specs with Jon :) I'm hoping it'll be similar to Doodle, but with something "a bit special" (ooh i'm a tease!)[/quote]

Ahhh sorry....! - Essex... of course! lol - Awww! thats awesome! I'm glad Doodle gets talked about! We spent a while doing all the customisations. I'm pretty chuffed to see that a few of those customisations have found their way on to Jon's standard design! My Headless will feature much of the same too! Awww can't wait to see it!!!

Dan

EBSf is right...

[quote name='dood' post='310481' date='Oct 20 2008, 02:53 PM']We [b][size=4]S[/size][/b]pent a while doing [b][size=4]all[/size][/b] the customisations. I'm prett[b][size=4]y[/size][/b] chuffed to see that a few of those customisations have found their way on to Jon's standard design![/quote]
See? On a subliminal level, you've already acknowledged her true name :)
Face it Dan, you know it's stuck :huh:

[quote name='dood' post='310610' date='Oct 20 2008, 05:03 PM']*fingers in ears, singing* LA LA LA LA i'm not listening LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!!!!!!
[size=1][color="#808080"]de dah[/color][/size][/quote]
Yup, looks like it :) :huh: :huh: :huh: Brown-Eyed Sally it is, then.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='310635' date='Oct 20 2008, 05:24 PM']Oh yesh.... that looks magic.

MS Paint rocks.[/quote]

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!! Thats awesome!!!!! I laughed aloud!

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='310654' date='Oct 20 2008, 05:52 PM']Ah - so you going to be playing brown eyed girl on Sally too?[/quote]

[quote name='Rich' post='310979' date='Oct 21 2008, 08:00 AM']Yup, looks like it :) :huh: :huh: :huh: Brown-Eyed Sally it is, then.[/quote]

I'm really not going to talk you guys out of this am I? lol lol

*Sha la la la la la la la la!!!*

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='310998' date='Oct 21 2008, 08:49 AM']There's the full name...[/quote]

alright alright... i have just spotted the title change on my thread.... ok... was that you Rich :) :huh: :huh: :huh:

[quote name='dood' post='312114' date='Oct 22 2008, 02:14 PM']alright alright... i have just spotted the title change on my thread.... ok... was that you Rich :) :huh: :huh: :huh:[/quote]

Man... you are taking this badly... Don't cry dood.

Do I need to be wiping those weepin' eyes? Those weeping eyes... those weeping eyes....?

Edited by EBS_freak

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='dood' post='319073' date='Oct 31 2008, 02:15 PM']No updates as yet... Have asked Jon for some pics.. so hanging in there! I think this build thead only has like.. one picture on it! A far cry from the original Doodle thread![/quote]

And you've only got yourself to blame for that considering all the extra work you've given and drummed up for Mr Shuker, can't really fault him for not having time to take pictures any more.

Edited by Buzz

[quote name='Buzz' post='320630' date='Nov 3 2008, 01:16 AM']And you've only got yourself to blame for that considering all the extra work you've given and drummed up for Mr Shuker, can't really fault him for not having time to take pictures any more.[/quote]

Yes, you are absolutely right! Jon did tell me that! ;o) -yeah, my post did come across a bit me-me-me, but wasn't intended that way! I guess the surprise will be even greater when I go to pick up my new bass not having seen it throughout the build!

I am a very proud Shuker endorser and I can't help but encourage fellow bass players to get their hands on a Shuker. I don't mind waiting really; I think Steve (crazykiwi) said that Jon is a perfectionist and wont rush a job just to get it finished, which is very true. I'd rather he was happy with his work, than just lobbing stuff out the door! - It's his reputation on the line after all and anyone who has seen his work, knows it is stunning. Stunning takes time!