Why become a member? ×

Jon Shuker 6 string headless sig bass.

Dood

[quote name='dood' post='214027' date='Jun 6 2008, 06:47 PM']OOoooh I had no idea! Hmmm! I look forward to seeing what he's been up to then! Maybe Doodle 2 is a closely guarded secret, like Windows 7...[/quote]

Don't say that! (cos we know Windows x.x is going to be sh*te!)

[quote name='Finbar' post='214006' date='Jun 6 2008, 06:14 PM']He's in the process of moving the workshop at the moment. So he might not get round to a speedy response, but he's been a busy boy! Not seen anything of the Doodle though when I've been down there recently :)[/quote]

What have you seen down there? tell of the wonders

[quote name='Ant' post='214162' date='Jun 7 2008, 12:46 AM']What have you seen down there? tell of the wonders[/quote]

I have heard he has a pair of Harry Potter specs and a wand.. and makes all the bass parts fly around the room to the music of fantasia!

[quote name='Finbar' post='214178' date='Jun 7 2008, 01:54 AM']Its all true.

You don't want to see Rob dressed as Hermione :/[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!! - eughoo!

• 1 month later...

Well, it has been a bit quiet on the trail recently, following Jon's workshop move, that must be a bit of a nightmare. He was gonna send me pics a cuppla weeks ago, but I am in no doubt he is busy!!!

Must give him a tinkle!

I'm planning on going up there next week (after Jon and I have had a few previous abortive attempts!)

If you want me to get some pics for you, drop me a line (and probably best let Jon know as well so the basses are there) and I'll see what I can do.

Hopefully I can help ease the pain a bit!

Cheers,

Rich

[quote name='RichBowman' post='247127' date='Jul 24 2008, 06:31 PM']I'm planning on going up there next week (after Jon and I have had a few previous abortive attempts!)

If you want me to get some pics for you, drop me a line (and probably best let Jon know as well so the basses are there) and I'll see what I can do.

Hopefully I can help ease the pain a bit!

Cheers,

Rich[/quote]

Hey ya Rich! Great to hear from you! s'been a while! You keeping well mate? Yeah, ok.. that would be really great, but clear it with Jon first, as I know he has said that sometimes he doesnt like people taking pics of other customer's basses. No malice or anything meant, but I would respect his wishes.

If I remember I'll drop him a line to say that I am ok with you taking pictures, if he hasnt done some already.

Chat soon matey.

Dan

Hey mate,

I'm good thanks - how about you? How's the lovely Norwich? Not been there for ages!

I thought it would be best if those concerned dropped Jon a line and let him know - And he's certainly a better photographer than I am! Plus if I were him, I'd be wary of letting anyone take pics willy nilly as it were - Think he enjoys the reaction he gets when he sends out the progress photos (I was always mailing back a stream of awestruck incomprehensible superlatives and expressions of joy when he sent me some). ^_^

Anyway - the offer's there - I'm popping up to drop mine off for a fingerboard re-shoot.

Take care and chat soon,

Rich

• 1 month later...

oh dear im looking forward to seeing this. See if it can change my view on headless basses. Ive neverseen one i really liked but if it is anything like doodle its bound to be a winner.

Checked out that recording of the drummer from within the void. its sounding a bit good like. He is not bad on the old drums that young man.

[quote name='metaltime' post='285204' date='Sep 16 2008, 04:39 PM']Checked out that recording of the drummer from within the void. its sounding a bit good like. He is not bad on the old drums that young man.[/quote]

Yeah, he ain't bad, but I'm giving our Thomas some lessons on my Woolworths kit right now.. "Hey!! Lang!! have you mastered my 4/4 beat yet????" ;o)

I'm really looking forward to see Doodle 2! Certainly it is gonna be worth waiting for!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

News from Jon! - He has been very busy with sorting out his new workshop but it sounds like the fretboard is nearly ready to go on my very special new bass. He is cooking up something special for me, which he is keeping under wraps as a bit of a surprise! - So, at the moment I don't have any pictures to show off. - Next job is fretting the neck.. needless to say I can't wait to see my new addition to the family!

[quote name='metaltime' post='294420' date='Sep 29 2008, 11:35 AM']looking forward to it sounds exciting.

Do you ever play fretless Dood?[/quote]

I used to a lot, but I found that in more recent bands I haven't had a reason to do so. So I sold my Fretless.. which interestingly popped up here on BassChat recently, going to a new home. An absolutely gorgeous Status Energy 6 string.

On arrival of my new Shuker, I'll just have that and my 7 string. I have a copy of Jap Fender P's at home.. but they don't get gigged.

I am very much looking forward to seeing my new Shuker.. Can't wait to get my hands on it! I think I may do some new vids too.

Dood.

[quote name='dood' post='294564' date='Sep 29 2008, 02:38 PM']On arrival of my new Shuker, I'll just have that and my 7 string. I have a copy of Jap Fender P's at home.. but they don't get gigged.[/quote]
Out of curiosity Dan, do you gig the 7 string still?

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='294568' date='Sep 29 2008, 02:43 PM']Out of curiosity Dan, do you gig the 7 string still?[/quote]

Hey Steve! Absolutely yes! - Infact, whilst I am waiting for my new Shuker, it's the only bass I use! - I play in a li'l covers band as well as Within The Void and really enjoy playing the 7 string. I love it love it love it!

We do a version of Queen's 'Innuendo' and Doodle takes up all of the Spanish guitar 'wandering minstrel' rhythm parts. Sounds wicked with a bit of reverb and delay chucked in for atmosphere.

Still the best bass I have ever played ;o)

[quote name='dood' post='295177' date='Sep 30 2008, 10:09 AM']I play in a li'l covers band as well as Within The Void and really enjoy playing the 7 string. I love it love it love it![/quote]

I bet it looks rediculous when you play Mustang Sally.

7 strings are good for confusing people who are used to recognising instruments based on the number of strings they have. You are now the guitarist of the band...with an extra string.

PS want pictures.

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='295249' date='Sep 30 2008, 11:18 AM']I bet it looks rediculous when you play Mustang Sally.

7 strings are good for confusing people who are used to recognising instruments based on the number of strings they have. You are now the guitarist of the band...with an extra string.

PS want pictures.[/quote]

If I ever have to play that song again...grrrr!!! ha ha ha ha ha-- hateful tune!

I get all the usual responses about my 7 string lol.. The average 'punter' doesn't know or can't tell any different so that doesn't bother me. I guess the ignorant/short sighted/close minded musicians who are quick to belittle are the ones that tire me! - Generally though, doodle is a real eye opener and I really enjoy talking about Jon's basses!

Pictures of my 7 string? You need to read this thread and build diary ;o) [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3746"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3746[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='304056' date='Oct 10 2008, 05:17 PM']Have we got any pics yet??!! I want to see the Mustang Sally bass![/quote]

heh heh!!! bloomin Mustang Sally!!!! - No pictures yet... I have asked for some though, as this build diary has been a little bit luke warm in comparison to the Doodle monster thread!

Jon is keeping the bass under wraps though, as, mentioned in previous posts, he has a little surprise for me! Whcih I think will be very cool! (..and obviously sending pictures would kinda negate the surprise!!!)

Dan.