Why become a member? ×

Jon Shuker 6 string headless sig bass.

Dood

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Stag' post='148524' date='Feb 28 2008, 05:50 PM']come on now Daniel, dont be shy, I shew you mine - now show me yours!!!

:-p[/quote]

But yours has clothes on.. mine doesn't lol....

Here's Mini Doodle!

[attachment=6042:Picture_386.jpg]

Ok, so there's not much to see... but I love her already :wub:

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='148654' date='Feb 28 2008, 10:32 PM']If your first bass is the Doodle, does that make this one the Diddle?

Nice to see some progress BTW. Mine was started before yours and its still in bits as far as I'm aware...[/quote]

I ws thinking of going with the Autin Powers 'Mini Me' theme lol. Not sure how yours is chap.. but i think this is a very recent pic, so its likely you'll be due some as well in an advanced state of construction?

[quote name='mr_russ' post='148677' date='Feb 28 2008, 11:13 PM'][/quote]

hah a ha ha ha!!!!! That's very good... As much as I loved Billy Sheehan's Yammi BB3000 , I dont think I'll be going for the same colour scheme!!!

Yes, Doodlette lives lol!!

The bit that I am most happy with at the moment, is that the body is actually a bit longer than a standard Elite, as I am very critical of the positioning of the headless tuners on the body and the effect it has on shifting the neck away from the body. by shifting the lower horn and extending the body a tad, this will be eradicated. You'll know what I mean if you have played a steinberger for example. the first fret feels ten miles away lol.

The body shape looks so natyral. I'm very pleased. Can't wait to see the paint samples! They are gonna be great!

Dood.

• 2 months later...

News so far.. The fretboard is on.. The wings are on and we should be looking at basecoats next week! I guess that means the body has been carved a bit to.

Should have some pics soon to post as well.. The thread has been a bit quiet recently.. Jon had 20 odd basses on the go in March!

Yes, I heard that too - I thought he was fairly busy when he said he had about a dozen on, but he seems busier recently - the workshop is full of half finished things!

Great news on the progress too :) I should be picking up my very own beast in the next few days I hope (anyone else due a baby Shuker?), so if I see the Diddle (or whatever it is :huh:) lying around, I'll grab a couple of snaps for you :huh:

[quote name='Finbar' post='198800' date='May 14 2008, 03:08 PM']Yes, I heard that too - I thought he was fairly busy when he said he had about a dozen on, but he seems busier recently - the workshop is full of half finished things![/quote]
Heh! Yes... I think I was a bit busy advertising his wares! May have got a bit out of hand this last year!
[quote]Great news on the progress too :) I should be picking up my very own beast in the next few days I hope (anyone else due a baby Shuker?), so if I see the Diddle (or whatever it is :huh:) lying around, I'll grab a couple of snaps for you :huh:[/quote]

Next few days??? WELL!!!!! Look forward to seeing that!! Another 7er born! Jon has said in the past that he prefers not to have pics taken of other people's basses, i guess out of courtesy.. but as he is sending a few through anyway, the more the merrier! - However, I know that he has planned something a bit spesh as a surprise and suggested he may not show me until it is finished! ;o) - I know *what* it is.. just not sure how it has been achieved!

Rather excited about this bass! I will have my 7 string Doodle and this one, and that will be it! Should be the only two basses I will ever need. Thats my plan! (my disclaimer would read that I reserve the right to get another Shuker in the future!!! - but i don't see me needing to go elsewhere for basses now!)

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Finbar' post='214006' date='Jun 6 2008, 06:14 PM']He's in the process of moving the workshop at the moment. So he might not get round to a speedy response, but he's been a busy boy! Not seen anything of the Doodle though when I've been down there recently :)[/quote]

OOoooh I had no idea! Hmmm! I look forward to seeing what he's been up to then! Maybe Doodle 2 is a closely guarded secret, like Windows 7...