Why become a member? ×

Fender Marcus Miller Jazz V

JD1

Feeler - anyone interested in a trade for another 5 string of similar value or agree a cash adjustment up to the value of mine?

It's under a year old, Nat finish with an Audere pre-amp (I still have the original circuit as well).

I've had to scratch a Jazz Bass itch a couple of times in recent years, but I keep wanting to return to a fatter soap-bar / humbucker sound. I really like the playability of this bass, the neck / fingerboard are fab and the B is nice and tight. However the sound just isn't right for me. I tried the Audere, and it has improved the sound and variety of tones available no question, however I'm still hedging towards a change. (Mind you I'm having a bit of a tone crisis and I think my whole rig might be getting changed as well).

Its just really a feeler at this stage to see if there is any interest and what is out there. I will sort out photos asap, but its not marked and I guess you know what they look like.

Off the top of my head I'd be interested in a Stingray V HH or HS or perhaps going back to a Spector NS5CR, but I'm open minded.

Thanks

John

Edited by JD1

Thanks Mark! Was going to wait until I finish my run of Christmas gigs but thought there was no harm in testing the water.

After the gig tonight I'm still hedging towards a change.

The mid voicing doesn't appeal to me - although it sits well in the mix and cuts through fine enough.

For the function band (which is >80% of my work) I found the combination of a Spector NS5CR and an EA rig sat better and gave me a better balance between fingerstyle and slap tone.

Mike - yes its MIA. I was slightly put out at the price hike for an extra string when I got it!

Trevor - no thanks on the Yamaha - not really what I'm looking for. Great basses though - I had matching fretted and fretless 5's about 10 years ago.

Peter - thanks but I've already got a Pentabuzz (although its currently getting repaired by Overwater when Chris gets his finger out).

Mark - I did have a hankering for a more vintage Fendery tone, which is why I originally went for it. It's great for the rock trio stuff I do but less so for the function stuff. Ideally I'd keep it, but I can't afford to keep it and get something else.