Why become a member? ×

Markbass/Absolute Music

thedontcarebear

A couple of days ago I decided to order a Little Mark II, I chose Absolute Music as they had 2 in stock, and with a google checkout discount I could get it for £419 delivered, so I placed the order, first of all my bank stopped the payment as they thought it was fraud, which is no-ones fault, spoke to them, retried payment and it went though, yesterday Absolute Music sent it to me!

Get home today as it arrived while I was at work, and oooh a Markbass Box with LMII on the side (I bet you can see where this is going), get all excited, open it up, and what do I have, a Little Mark 250! Haha, one that says LMII on the back, and has a serial number which matches the box that says LMII, so I guess markbass are at fault, anyway, phoned Absolute, the web order dude spoke to the guitar dude, who said no such model exists, there is no 250! I tell him that the bloke doesn't know what he's talking about, and that's the end of the story really, should get it picked up tomorrow, and then get a refund (which will take ages as usual I bet), they don't have a LMII in stock, so no amp for me!

I've dealt with Terry at AMS before and he's always been pretty good (and knowledgable). I bought a Hartke from them ages ago and it was dead in the box. They exchanged it immediately. I reckon you'll get a refund pretty quickly.

I got my LMK head from GAK and it arrived 2 days later.

Might be worth a punt (the prices were pretty good too)

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='100358' date='Dec 6 2007, 05:00 PM']Yeah, but come on, imagine saying an amp didn't exist that was sitting in front of the person on the phone and is on the markbass website (and catalogues I presume?)[/quote]

Lol yeah I suppose that part is quite funny but I would advise them to change the second part of their name to something more fitting - 'Absolute *******' :)

Just had my first dealings with Absolute Music too. I ordered a Tascam MPBT1 bass trainer but received a Sure wireless system which was a customer return and should've gone to Sure for repair!!

No problems with getting it sorted but doesn't fill me with confidence for shopping in the future......

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='100359' date='Dec 6 2007, 05:00 PM']I got my LMK head from GAK and it arrived 2 days later.

Might be worth a punt (the prices were pretty good too)[/quote]

Seasonal warning! I bought a pedal (Digitech Jamman) online from GAK last week and it still hasn't arrived. They keep shifting the dispatch date forward. I guess Christmas might be to blame but if they simply don't have it in stock I'd hope they'd just tell me. :)

lol.
but i can better it.
I went into a local music shop and asked if they had any rack mount bass heads in (they sometimes squirrel away secondhand stuff in their storeroom)
i was told that no one makes rackmount bass heads.
then he realised ampeg do so said they were the only company that did.
i walked out wondering why he had a job and i at the time didnt.

this is the same shop that showing them the fender microtilt on my squier strat's neckplate had never seen this before and had no idea what it was for........... ugghhh

hope you get your amp soon though!

Edited by LukeFRC

I got the refund for this last week at some point, I gave up and got a superfly from someone on here, which does the job, and is surprisingly much louder via one output (so 250 watts) then my old Warwick Profect 3.2 300 watt I had a while ago, obviously quieter then my old Little Mark and SWR750x though! It shall do for now, thinking about going abroad to work for a year, so purchases are stopping!

I bought a ex demo M Audio FW410 from Absolute which was missing the power supply, 4-6 pin adaptor, Ableton Live Lite and firewire leads (not the fault of Absolute, they get them boxed from M Audio). Absolute were really helpful and put me in touch with ableton to get a download link and serial number for Live Lite and sent me the power supply and a 4-6 pin lead pretty quickly. Shame to hear about your problems.

Ok, as we are talking cock up'ss here is an old story of mine.

I ordered a headless bass from MusicYo a few years ago. It didnt arrive on time so i emailed them a few times that day and they insisted it had been delivered and signed for. They emailed me a scan of the signature and not only wasnt it my name it was signed for in Manchester, im in London (and that was the delivery address). I was fuming so they said they would refund me the cost of postage and get it picked up the next day and sent to me. nothing arrived the next day so i got on to them and this time they said they would refund me the whole cost of the bass and send another one out. Now thats was fantastic news. i got a bass for nothing and only had to wait three extra days. It gets better though as two weeks latter the original one turned up. so two free Steinberger 5 strings.

sorry to hear about all your problems though.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='108246' date='Dec 22 2007, 05:38 PM']Ok, as we are talking cock up'ss here is an old story of mine.

I ordered a headless bass from MusicYo a few years ago. It didnt arrive on time so i emailed them a few times that day and they insisted it had been delivered and signed for. They emailed me a scan of the signature and not only wasnt it my name it was signed for in Manchester, im in London (and that was the delivery address). I was fuming so they said they would refund me the cost of postage and get it picked up the next day and sent to me. nothing arrived the next day so i got on to them and this time they said they would refund me the whole cost of the bass and send another one out. Now thats was fantastic news. i got a bass for nothing and only had to wait three extra days. It gets better though as two weeks latter the original one turned up. so two free Steinberger 5 strings.

sorry to hear about all your problems though.[/quote]Did you return extra monies/bass?