Why become a member? ×

Markbass or Eden Nemesis

mhuk

Has anyone tried both the Markbass Little Mark II and either the Eden Nemesis NA650 or NA320?

I need a smallish head as I've got a dodgy shoulder and a headphone socket is a nice-to-have (which the Markbass doesn't have).

Comments, suggestions, advice etc. muchly appreciated.

I haven't treid the Nemesis head, but I have a 2x10 nemesis cab, with a LittleMark II as the head, and I love the sound. I will, when my pockets allow it, be adding another cab to this.....probably a 1x12 or 1x15.......but the LMK is definitely the best head I have ever played through (although, admittedly, that isn't a large number).

Sorry I can't help in any other way.

I think you will have to play them both all the nemesis combos I have played i have really diss-liked infact I thought they were all really poor. But loved the markbass head in comparison. Where as others have chosen the nemisis over the markbass.

To confuse matters slightly, we did a charity all dayer on Monday and the bass player from another band was using a Nemesis 2x10 combo with a 75 reissue Jazz bass and the sound was amazing. I was very impressed and asked the sound engineer whether the bass was DI'd to the PA before the amp but this was not the case - all the sound was from the amp. I'm looking around for one now!

[quote name='mhuk' post='9411' date='May 30 2007, 07:28 PM']Was there anything particular that you disliked on the Nemesis? What was poor about them?

What did the LM do better?[/quote]

Well theres a 4x10 and a 1x15 in the practise rooms at uni. I think they are pretty undefined dont really sit well in the mix. Pretty hard to get a nice sound out of. Where as my littlemark through a 2x10 is full of clarity deffinition and nice bottom to back it up. Plus the peavey and ashdown evo amps they have in the practise rooms are better.

It is all respective as the 4x10 i feel is worse than the 1x15, and also the rooms dont really help much. But i do feel they are by far the worst out of the amps listed above.

All personal prefrence mind as Muppet has prooved alot of people swear by them. Also some people dont like markbass.

I have recently aquired the NA650 - it is, frankly, excellent.
It's designed so you can run it with just headphones plugged in which fits your bill. It also has a lovely blue light!
I've never used an amp with such responsive tone controls, sadly can't give the comparison you desire as I've not used Little Mark, but I've heard a few and they sound great too.
Not much help am I? Sorry.

Thumper (previously of this parish) has moved from a LittleMark to a Nemesis head, and seems to love the Eden.

Must say I'm very happy with my LittleMark 250 - loud enough for my needs, and sounds better (to my ears) than the Musicman 130 valve/hybrid amp I had before.

Thanks for all the replies and comments- all useful :)

Food for thought...

It's hard to find UK info on Eden heads- lots in the US and loads on Markbass (and all is good), so good to hear some opinions here.

[quote name='mhuk' post='9109' date='May 30 2007, 12:53 PM']Has anyone tried both the Markbass Little Mark II and either the Eden Nemesis NA650 or NA320?

I need a smallish head as I've got a dodgy shoulder and a headphone socket is a nice-to-have (which the Markbass doesn't have).

Comments, suggestions, advice etc. muchly appreciated.

Tell you what, I'm buying a cab from a BTer in the midlands, hopefully ready for me in early June, why don't I swing by your place and you can have a bash through the Nemesis? Unless there's a shop near you that stocks them of course?

[quote name='presoulnation' post='9929' date='May 31 2007, 03:07 PM']Oh and I have also heard that Eden stuff has a bit of a reliability issue.[/quote]

I wondered if any one would mention that!

I considered Eden prior to getting Markbass (prior to getting Thunderfunk) but heard lots of murmuring about reliability issues with Eden (not the Nemesis range but...). I appreciate that you have to consider quantities of amps out there in comparison to the failure rate but when it gets mentioned on bass forums in the States then I frankly started to worry. Didn't one of our own BT/BCers have an issue with a new Nemesis?