Why become a member? ×

eBay Warwick not quite right!

Tread carefully as I'm sure I've seen these images used before.

Added to which the guy isn't giving a lot away in the description and it is listed under acoustic guitars!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warwick-Stream-Stage-1_W0QQitemZ330126906450QQihZ014QQcategoryZ2385QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warwick-Stream-Stage...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

[quote name='beerdragon' post='9157' date='May 30 2007, 01:19 PM']I don't know a thing about Warwicks so it looks just like any other to me, what is it that makes you doubt it. warwickhunt?[/quote]

The bass looks fine, my concern is that anyone selling a quality instrument (£750) that puts absolutely no detail about the bass and 'worse' lists it in the acoustic guitar section is either very daft or there's a rabbit away somewhere!

Think about it!

Would you list it like that?

The other point I am raising (and wondering if any other regular eBayers may be able to help me) is that I believe I have seen those exact images being used on another listing in the last couple of months. I could be wrong as they are the kind of shots that any seller might take and many Warwicks look like that but there is something familiar about those particular shots. Also, feedback ratings are important but accounts are hacked into and hi-jacked all to frequently.

Of course I could be wrong and someone may well get a bargain, I'm merely flagging it up so that potential buyers who frequent BC can ask the appropriate questions of the seller.

Sticking guitars in the wrong category is something I've seen more obvious scammers do - it makes bidders think 'wow, the guy's screwed up and the bidding's low because no-one else has seen it'. Of course people do make mistakes, but the guy has also got a Gretsch sitting in the Accessories>Strings section.

Maybe he's kosher, but to my mind the wrong category + private auction + 3 day listing = cash on pick up only.

[quote name='Vasquez Rich' post='9462' date='May 30 2007, 08:54 PM']Hahaha yes, let everyone else be put off and I can grab a bargain....

Looks OK to me, I'm gonna ask him for some history and the serial number.

Richard
VASQUEZ[/quote]

Feel free!

Regardless of whether the buyer is genuine or not I have no ulterior motive, I've no interest in it.

Serial number will be on the back of the headstock and should end in a date prefix later than '95.

Added to which... why would I flag it up on this site anyway? Surely I'd keep quiet and snipe a bid at the last minute.

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='Vasquez Rich' post='9534' date='May 30 2007, 10:09 PM']... err, sorry, I meant that I would grab the bargain.. not your good self. It sort of came out wrong there...

anyway, I don't think I'll be bidding.

Richard
VASQUEZ[/quote]

As it happens I'm fully booked up with grabbing at the mo' anyway.

Go on stick a silly last minute bid in, it would make a nice partner to the Fortress!

Yes at £750 it looks a nice piece of wood that appears to be well looked after. There is another for £50 more (see below). If he'll let you view/collect I'd have a gander then point out to him that if he'll accept a private sale @ £720 he'll still be making more than if someone buys it off eBay (final value fees 3% + PayPal fees of 3.5% = approx £40 in fees).

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WARWICK-STREAMER-STAGE-1-BASS-MEC-ACTIVE-PICKUPS_W0QQitemZ180127939636QQihZ008QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WARWICK-STREAMER-STA...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]