Why become a member? ×

Trave Elliot V6 £600 !*SOLD*!

Sugden

Well with my purchase of the DHA amp this really has to go to settle some nasty fund situations being december and all.

Trace elliot V6 £600 collected. Im based in Manchester atm my post codes M3 6BH. I will post the amp for £650 but Id more than suggest pickup as posting seems to have alot of risks.

You all know the rep of these amps stunning 400watts of all tube power sounds astounding best all tube amp I've personaly ever heard.

Cheers

Sug

Edited by Sugden

I tell you what it is its a hell of alot of money and great gear not being used to its full potential. Does look rather impessive though. Love going from one to the next hearing the difference an amp can make.

All of the questions asked have been answered in the first post. Plus PM's replied too.

Simple break down the V6 has had alot of intrest but no firm takers yet.

The markbass littlemark II is £350.

The mesa will be for sale after xmas but will be £550 they dont come up often and retail at around £1000. But this might already be spoken for.

The markbass cab isn't for sale till my omni's are finished so I can compare but it will be £350 at that time around the end of january.

Cheers

Edited by Sugden

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey sugden..

as I said at the time; my freind paid £250 for his v6 and has recently bought another for £300, the auction we got caught up in for this amp went way over price range! I had agreed to buy this of the seller for £450 before you entered the ring and he dinged me! pissed of I was! not at you but at the seller for agreeing in principle..but thats life...

andy

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='andy67' post='110084' date='Dec 27 2007, 11:46 PM']hey sugden..

as I said at the time; my freind paid £250 for his v6 and has recently bought another for £300, the auction we got caught up in for this amp went way over price range! I had agreed to buy this of the seller for £450 before you entered the ring and he dinged me! pissed of I was! not at you but at the seller for agreeing in principle..but thats life...

andy[/quote]

Acctualy you said you thought it was worth around £550 which I thought was a little low but there we go. I really would like to know where your friend buys them from because I've never seen on go for anywhere near those prices on open forums and ebay. I have been looking for quit awhile before I got this one. Sorry the seller messed you around. But the bidding went right up to afew £'s behind me as I only won on a last 10 second bid.

The prices I see them go for are around V4 = £400- £500 V6 = £600-£700 and £700-£1000 for the V8. But those are prices I have seen on forums and ebay. I bought it for £622 after looking at my history so Im offering it on here for £600 collected and its on the bay for £650 for a week from today. If anyone wants it let me know and I'll end the auction.
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280189769556&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D%2B280189769556%2509%26fvi%3D1"]
EBAY LINK[/url]

Those are the prices I have seen them fetch and indeed theres a V4 going in the states for over £400 already and a V4 went not so long ago for just under £500 so I think Im asking a good price and indeed got it for a fair one too.

Cheers

Sug

Edited by Sugden

[quote name='Sugden' post='99758' date='Dec 5 2007, 06:10 PM']The mesa will be for sale after xmas but will be £550 they dont come up often and retail at around £1000. But this might already be spoken for.
Cheers[/quote]
Hi...has the mesa gone? Quite interested if not.

Cheers

The V8's worth a bit more than £700 matey :) I've never seen them go for less than £1100 since the bods on the Trace V8 forum all agreed what they thought was a reasonable price. I think £600 for a V6 is a very reasonable price BTW, good luck in selling it.

PM replied.

Cheers guys I thought I was living in a world of my own for abit :)

But I did see a V8 go for around 720 about 2 years ago when Id just started disscovering what the whole world of bass amplification was about. Ortho back then the idea of spending more than £300 on just an amp seemed like a very big up hill struggle.

Well it didn't go on ebay but I had a huge amount of messages asking for it to be posted so I've given in and said I'll post it.

Postage will be £50 its heavey and fully insured sent with UPS with a lovely custom made box with lots of bubble wrap.

So £650 posted.

Back on the bay though. [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280192014865&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling"]LINK [/url]

All of the big Trace valve heads have their amazing side and their quirks - each is distinctive.
£600-650 for a V6 seems right to me. I was/am looking for £1k for a V6 and cab (4x12 or 2x15).
Worth it? Heck, yeah! If you heard a note "blind" and didn't know what it was, you'd guess any boutique number, I reckon.

Cautionary tale of shipping fun that argues for personal collection...
My last V6 purchase wasn't packed very well and got dropped, so I was out a full revalve of KT88s. Looked OK, but 5 dead out of 6.
Luckily, I had a spare octet for my V8, so I wasn't right out of pocket. Still, have to add £150 value more onto the price. Owch!

But - dig this - the amp was working (albeit over the top drivey sounding) on a single valve!
The poor valve - taking the full 725 plate volts all on its ownsome...

If you are sending yours off - take the power valves out and wrap 'n pack them separately.
Also, put many wraps around the whole thing - it should be bouncy, not breaky.
A corner landing will crack a casing and the inertia of a big transformer usually distorts the chassis (leaning tower time...)
If there is a claim you never want to be accused of under-packing. Also, I put a weight notice on the boxes of these biggies.

These aren't high demand pieces - who ever gets to see/hear one to know what they are? So, expect a couple of goes on eBay to find the right person who has the pennies together at the time of the listing. The good thing about the forum is that there can be the chance to have a good dialogue and agree to hold until savings are gathered up.

But £650 delivered? For a V6 that is checked over and happening?
370 watts of solid KT88 tones?
Fair dos. Yea, unto a snip!

Hi Sugden

I've got an offer in with you on eBay for the Trace V6 but haven't had a response yet. But I've just noticed on the Basschat forum that you say you'd let it go for £600 collected and end the auction. I'd go to that if and collect it, cash on collection, at the end of next week if you are prepared to end the auction now. I'm down in Kent but would rather collect than risk it being damaged in transit. It will save you having to post and also save on eBay fees so we both win. I have an excellent feedback rating of 364. What do you think? Let me know. Cheers

You would be chrispc*** then.

Sounds like we have a deal. I'd prefer it went to someone on here and also been hoping someone would come and pick it up didn't fancy getting it posted. Even with a good delivary man they still seem to insit on throwing packages down vans.

I'll end the listing now.

Cheers

Sug