Why become a member? ×

What do we think of this?

stingrayPete1977

[quote]Don't waste your time buying a modern Bass, they don't compare at all...

...Save some more money and buy a classic Fender sunburst 5 string[/quote]

The pre-CBS and vintage 5ers are the best, there can be no doubt about it.

Yes I spotted the buy an old one cos they are the best and also I can buy a modern 5 string comment,Brilliant! (mind it does have the word "classic" in there so thats the same as an old one isnt it?)

Mind you some fs/ft adds on here do contain things like this is "the best" sadowsky(For example) that has ever been made to my exact spec but would swap for an almost identicle one that I have no idea if its any good (in a round about way).lol. But we are allowed to :) where this ebay add just looks "WRONG".

He's got solid feed back, although he sounds like a fruitloop - (see the comment about log burning and Nazi memorabilia?) I think it may be genuine (not the Lemmy bit though). I think it's crazy splitting up an old Fender like that and selling it piecemeal and when you sand down the paint/laquer you've totally killed the mojo and as Blackmn90 says - your left with a heap of junk.

Edited by burno70

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='891374' date='Jul 10 2010, 04:09 PM'][url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1972-Fender-Precision-Bass-P-Bass-99p-NO-RESERVE-/250659657451?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3a5c7ad6eb"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1972-Fender-Precisio...=item3a5c7ad6eb[/url]

Well? :)[/quote]
"This includes the lovely 'gold' metal scratchplate (which are difficult to obtain alone) - The gold metal Scratchplate is ULTRA DIFFICULT TO GET and I wouldn't even like to put a price on it!!!!"

There's one here! How much am I bid - before it goes on ebay - it might have been played by Lemmy, he played on Hastings pier a few times - that's close!

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='891374' date='Jul 10 2010, 04:09 PM'][url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1972-Fender-Precision-Bass-P-Bass-99p-NO-RESERVE-/250659657451?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3a5c7ad6eb"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1972-Fender-Precisio...=item3a5c7ad6eb[/url]

Well? :)[/quote]

It has been hot this week / weekend maybe the guy has sunstroke! either that or it another fake dogs dinner on ebay!

This guy sounds like comedy gold to me. I particularly enjoyed the "potted" history of Lemmy's career, including "He made it into Hawkwind, and then on his own. His Mother stayed here, and he visited, as and when. Birthday's Christmas, Et cetera. (Probably when hungry too, that's when I see my Mother ha ha!)"
But the best bit is the answer to the question about how much it would be to ship it to France - "Bonjour, I'm unsure because the Post Office is closed."!!!!!
Ha ha!!!! Proper Del Boy!
Listen, if he gets £200 for it then good on him. That's free enterprise. The idiots are the people who've already bid on it..... :)

[quote name='Grant' post='891643' date='Jul 10 2010, 10:21 PM']This guy sounds like comedy gold to me. I particularly enjoyed the "potted" history of Lemmy's career, including "He made it into Hawkwind, and then on his own. His Mother stayed here, and he visited, as and when. Birthday's Christmas, Et cetera. (Probably when hungry too, that's when I see my Mother ha ha!)"
But the best bit is the answer to the question about how much it would be to ship it to France - "Bonjour, I'm unsure because the Post Office is closed."!!!!!
Ha ha!!!! Proper Del Boy!
Listen, if he gets £200 for it then good on him. That's free enterprise. The idiots are the people who've already bid on it..... :lol:[/quote]

Oh, bloody hell - Does that mean I'm not going to get my money back on it?! :) :rolleyes: :lol:

[quote name='Grant' post='891643' date='Jul 10 2010, 10:21 PM']Listen, if he gets £200 for it then good on him. That's free enterprise. The idiots are the people who've already bid on it...[/quote]

+1 That's capitalism, folks! You know, that system we all subscribe to... whether we like it or not, heh heh. :)

you would think that someone who has 260 feedback points would know how to work things like putting pictures in the listing and the fact that if he really wanted to use Parcelfarce he can calculate postage online or with almost any other courier as well.

Why does the picture have the neck there? I thought he didn;t have it?