Why become a member? ×

Feedback for for Alex_1_2_3

giblett123

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Got some second hand DB strings from Alex. I've never bought second-hand strings before (never had to as a bass guitarist!) and was a bit wary, but they were perfect. And arrived about 20 minutes after I paid for them, attractively gift-wrapped.

So if it's second-hand stuff in perfect nick that you're after, Alex is your man. I've taken to hanging round his kitchen door hoping for some left-over cake, as I'm confident it'll be good as new. Nothing yet, but I'll let you know, gentle reader.

:-}

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I hate to do this, but negative feedback from me :(

Agreed to buy a bass from this guy, we had a PM exchange and had agreed to meet in a few days time, he did not mention any other buyers, any need for a deposit to secure the bass, or any huge urgency re completing the sale (it was a "feeler" thread, which I replied to within a few hours of posting)

I was very happy and excited - these particular basses don't come along used often and I've been looking for one exactly like this for *months*!

Anyway, few hours after agreeing the meet, I get another PM saying sorry, the bass is now sold. No option to arrange pickup sooner, leave a deposit, pay in full and arrange courier, he just sold it to another purchaser who lived closer.

I feel pretty angry and disappointed about this experience, but I guess it's the chance you take dealing with strangers on the internet.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but to me "a deal's a deal" and "first come first served" etc, so if you share those sorts of values, I'd suggest avoiding this guy as a seller.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...