Why become a member? ×

WEST YORKSHIRE - Tuition available.

BREN TRAVIS

Bren Travis, a well-established Bass Guitar tutor (Royal College of Music accredited) with over ten years teaching experience, has new slots available each Sunday afternoon. West Yorkshire area.

PERFORMANCE-BASS focuses on the development of your practical, improvisational and performance skills. I aim to quickly develop an enthusiastic student into a superb all-round bassist who displays exceptionally accurate execution, innovation and confidence, during the creation and performance of expressive, original compositions.

Lessons are taught in a friendly one-to-one environment and are suitable for all ages, styles and levels of ability, developing the left hand technique for faster, wider movement through the fretboard. Right hand training allows a fluent 3-finger technique with infite tonal flexibility, each note individually executed with consistent accuracy and control. Any and every style of music can be explored, with a range of tuition ranging from Slap bass & locking-in with drums, to vocal training and play-by-ear techniques.

Incorporating tools such as drum sequencing, live guitar accompaniment, Line-6 amp & effect modelling and PC-based applications, each session is uniquely and individually prepared to keep your ongoing learning exciting, encouraging fast progression and a better retention of information. Lesson notes and MP3s are sent to you by email, helping you to make the most of practicing at home. Theory is made clear, valuable and always relevant to your creative and performing improvement.

There's a 400 watt tube amp & speaker cab for you to play through, plus a Bass Pod pre-amp, so you'll just need to bring your bass along.

Call Bren Travis on 07734 272 056 or email [[email protected]][email protected][/email]

Hi Bren

I used to get lessons from you on a Thursday or Friday morning ( seem to remember it was a two hour session once a fortnight on a Friday )

I am about 6ft and had a few extra pounds around the waist ( now stones ) I worked at Volkswagen in Wakefield and had never played in a band ( I have now and love it to bits so many thanks for giving me the knowledge, ability and determination to do it )

Are you playing in a band at the moment ?? I seem to remember that you were playing in a band at the time ( was it Contraband ?? )

Nice to hear from you and I might grab a few more lessons to try and take me up another notch or two

Regards

Tony

Yep, you did have a cookie-duster at the time...

I can see you play a Yamaha TRB nowadays, but didn't you used to have a Jaydee back then?

So what's your band about? Do you play anywhere that I can get to? You should give me a bell at some point - I'd love to catch up. 07734 272 056

Take care

Bren

Hi Bren

The band is SOUL7 website is at www.soul7.co.uk and we play pubs and functions etc ( all the gigs are on the website )

No, I never had a Jaydee just a cheap P bass copy. I bought the TRB about five years back and never felt the need to upgrade although I have a Yamaha 5 string that gets taken to gigs but rarely used.

Have you any gigs coming up ??

Tony

• 1 month later...

[font="Century Gothic"]Just finished gigging with my working band (Chili Peppers tribute) after three-and-a-half years. The singer has moved down to Notttingham to run his new restaurant so we wound-up the band coz it would never be the same again. Really enjoyed it though and I'm happy that its success reflected all the hard work and development that helped the band and its following grow so big.

For the last year I've been writing and recording some stuff with a DJ, which was always an aspiration when I played in original up-and-coming alt-rock bands with their conventional 3 or 4 piece set up and everything was 'live'.

Next.... fancied forming a Rage Against The Machine tribute, or maybe an REM act and see if they can grow to the level of the Chili band, only in a shorter timescale. The only thing is - If I build the REM tribute, I'll be the frontman, not the bass player.

I was listening to some tracks I did with PSYCHOSONIC3 in 2003 and dug out the only track that I have EVER written lyrics and vocal lines for. I'm sure you'll love the pragmatic arrangement and fusing of styles, as Metal meets and wakes up with.... wait for it..... Latin Bossanova!

They said it couldn't be done.... and after you uhear it, you may say the same, but who cares when the bass cuts its edgy growling path through the sh*te and implausable words, to stand-out as possibly the best bass tone I have ever created and recorded.

Grrrrgh!!!