Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Hartke 410 Transporter cab

Biggsy

I'm looking to upgrade my rig, currently consisting of a Hartke 3500 with a 410 Transporter cab. Ideally I'm looking for a trade on the cab, but a cash sale will do me just fine.

The cab is pretty light for a 4x10 from what I understand - plus it's rolling on 4 heavy duty lockable castors. It's 350w @ 8 Ohms, and has been a total workhorse for me over the last couple of years having seen many gigs & never once letting me down. It's been well looked after, although it does have a small cigarette burn on the top where some pleb using my gear left his fag during a warmup. I've removed the 'Transporter' badge from the front, and the grill has a couple of small dings. I'd be looking for 125 quid for the cab. I'll sort pictures later if anyone's interested.

Before sepnding to long on these forums and lusting after expensive top-end cabinets, I would probably have gone along the path of adding a 115 to the 410 to utilise all of my wattage. So, if anyone has a used Hartke 115TP cab, for the right price I'd take it off yer hands.

Otherwise, I'm looking for a pair of used 8 Ohm 350+ Watt top-end cabs. Ideally I want to try out the Eden range, specifically the 210 and 115XLT, but will genuinely consider any 2x10 / 1x15. My budget is around the 250 quid mark per cab, more if in part-ex, and less if it's for both at once.

I know I'm being ambitious here, but being the grinch that I am I thought there may be a chance of someone offloading some surplus gear for some Christmas cash. Feel free to PM me with any offers.

Cheers!

Edited by Biggsy

Yep, this is the 3500 (the older style one which I understand to be identical to the re-issue) - it is 350 watts @ 4 Ohms.

Currently with the singular 4x10 8 ohm cab it produces 250 watts. If you add another 8 ohm cab such as a 1x15 at a later date (as I had planned to) you'll get the full 350 watts of 'doom'.
Trust me, volume will not be an issue with the single cab - I still use it for all my gigs, (pubs & clubs mainly) and I've still never pushed it past 4.

Hmm. I hadn't planned to sell the head quite yet, in all honesty I'm really happy with it. Bad points for you to be aware of are that it's got quite a bit of rack-rash, plus the tube pot is stuck at 100% thanks to another gear-sharing pleb. That's how it sounds best to my ears so I haven't paid the 40 quid to get it fixed. I could be swayed into selling it with the cab for the right money - an identical model (with working tube pot!) went for 170 quid last week, so I'll reluctantly say 290 for both, collected.

ok thanks...I may be in touch about the cab but im still deciding whether im going to get a 4x10 or a 6x10...

As far as the head goes one of the things i liked was the full conrol of the pre settings... so ill leave the head but may be in touch in a few weeks if it hasnt gone depending on what i decide on.

Thanks

[quote name='bassboy115' post='98449' date='Dec 3 2007, 09:30 PM']ok thanks...I may be in touch about the cab but im still deciding whether im going to get a 4x10 or a 6x10...

As far as the head goes one of the things i liked was the full conrol of the pre settings... so ill leave the head but may be in touch in a few weeks if it hasnt gone depending on what i decide on.

Thanks[/quote]

Ok mate, the pot may well be fixed by then so keep in touch :)

Hi Biggsy

I've got a Hartke 115XL sitting around doing nothing. Obviously it's not as light as a 115TP but many people believe the XLs sound better than the TPs....

I bought it new about 2 years ago and for the last year it hasn't left the house so it's in very good condition.
It sounded great paired with a 210, so it'll sound amazing with a 410 I reckon.
Interested?

[quote name='TheRev' post='98903' date='Dec 4 2007, 03:24 PM']Hi Biggsy

I've got a Hartke 115XL sitting around doing nothing. Obviously it's not as light as a 115TP but many people believe the XLs sound better than the TPs....

I bought it new about 2 years ago and for the last year it hasn't left the house so it's in very good condition.
It sounded great paired with a 210, so it'll sound amazing with a 410 I reckon.
Interested?[/quote]

Potentially, if it saves me some money.. What's your best price?

Hi,

I have an Ashdown ABM115 Neo For Sale. I found out who makes the cabs for Ashdown, Trace, Cornford, HiWatt, Sound City and some more. When Ashdown changed the handle design about a year ago they had a couple of cabs with the old square handles sitting around. They put a Celestion 15" Neo in it for me, (400 Watt), and I also asked for a horn to be put in. Sound really good.
It doesn't have Ashdown Badge, (because they would get in trouble), but is the real deal. It has had little use and is pretty much immaculate and quite light for a ported 15" cab.
The guy i dealt with told me Ashdown are now using Jenson neos in their cabs and in his opinion the Celestion is better. The genuine Ashdown version seems to be about £600
I paid £250 for it less that a year ago, (the speaker cost over £100), but would let it go for £175. I also specified Speakon sockets rather than jacks.
I also had casters fitted. Have some pics if you are interested. Send me your e-mail address.

Cheers,

[quote name='BassBunny' post='99076' date='Dec 4 2007, 07:13 PM']Hi,

I have an Ashdown ABM115 Neo For Sale. I found out who makes the cabs for Ashdown, Trace, Cornford, HiWatt, Sound City and some more. When Ashdown changed the handle design about a year ago they had a couple of cabs with the old square handles sitting around. They put a Celestion 15" Neo in it for me, (400 Watt), and I also asked for a horn to be put in. Sound really good.
It doesn't have Ashdown Badge, (because they would get in trouble), but is the real deal. It has had little use and is pretty much immaculate and quite light for a ported 15" cab.
The guy i dealt with told me Ashdown are now using Jenson neos in their cabs and in his opinion the Celestion is better. The genuine Ashdown version seems to be about £600
I paid £250 for it less that a year ago, (the speaker cost over £100), but would let it go for £175. I also specified Speakon sockets rather than jacks.
I also had casters fitted. Have some pics if you are interested. Send me your e-mail address.

Cheers,[/quote]

Thanks for the offer mate but it's not quite what I'm looking for. Sounds like a nice cab though, good luck with the sale :)

I've seen TheRev's 115XL (I bought his 210XL off him a couple of weeks ago) and can vouch - he keeps his gear in very good nick...

the XL's are good - I'm also in the process of downsizing from a big 4.5XL to two smaller cabs and will be sticking with hartke XL's... i use a HA3500 head too...

good luck with it biggsy, laterrrs. sparky

[quote name='TheRev' post='99376' date='Dec 5 2007, 09:40 AM']Cheers Sparky - hope you're getting on with the 210.

Biggsy - you have a PM.[/quote]

Thanks guys, I am mighty tempted. Infact I'd be there now if you were 100 miles closer!

I'll keep in touch Dave - I might find myself in the West over the next couple of months for work.

If not, I'm still gassing for a pair of top end cabs - Epi/Accugroove/Eden etc. Get in touch before I blow 350 beans on a Japanese Jazz!