Why become a member? ×

Ashdown amp problem

jumper

I dont know if his is the right place for this, please move if not... Half way through the second gig of the day my Ashdown mark king amp head stuttered a couple of times and then cut out compleatly. it was still sending a signal from the pre amp section to the VU and a seperate tuner but no output to the cab. having switched it off and on again as you do it worked for a couple of minutes then cut out again. in the end i had to go and get a spare to finish off the gig.

Sunday afternoon tried out the rig at home and found i had output from the jack type output but nothing from the speakon output, (strangely it has only one of each) which I tested out for a couple of hours at low volume. My question is dose this mean that i have blown half of my power stage, thats asuming that it is split, or dose it sound like a problem with the spekon conector in the amp. PS i have cheched the continuity of the speakon lead and all seams fine. All advice is gratefully recived. :)

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='886493' date='Jul 5 2010, 05:25 PM']Email Ashdown, they are pretty good. Like they actually say if there is a fuse you can change yourself, rather than saying send it back.[/quote]
Thanks very much i will give them a try. :)

+1 for Ashdown being helpful. Have you tried another Speakon lead? It sounds like an intermittent connection and could be the socket but is more likely to be the lead.

If you are my end of Dorset then Axe music in Axminster does repairs

[quote name='Phil Starr' post='887504' date='Jul 6 2010, 04:41 PM']+1 for Ashdown being helpful. Have you tried another Speakon lead? It sounds like an intermittent connection and could be the socket but is more likely to be the lead.

If you are my end of Dorset then Axe music in Axminster does repairs[/quote]
Contacted Ashdown who were very helpful and sugested that if it was the amp, it was probably a problem with the speakon output. I had already tried a different lead, but the fault turned out to be the speakon input in the cabinet as i have now used it on two reasonably loud (and vey hot) gigs over the weekend without any problems. :)
Thanks again for the advice...