Why become a member? ×

Elle Goulding

Linus27

I know there's quite a bit of love for Ellie Goulding here. Plus her brother is a fellow basschatter. It looks like there is a bit of love in Facebook land also.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=285616553223"]http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=285616553223[/url]

• 4 months later...

[quote name='bobbytodd' post='1040090' date='Nov 28 2010, 04:47 PM']yeah and she sings live unlike most of todays poptarts[/quote]

That's what I currently love about her. They reproduce the studio work well, with a live band.. viruses using a backing track (which I don't have anything against).. so. :)

[quote name='Mcgiver69' post='886247' date='Jul 5 2010, 12:06 PM']I don't know her personally but to be honest I prefer her music to Lady Gaga's. She looks like a young lass working her butt off to make it.

I like "Guns & Horses" it sounds like good honest pop.[/quote]
She's great!

May I ask why you mention Gaga? Have you put them both in the same basket perhaps? They are like chalk and cheese, incomparable. You may as well say you prefer free range eggs to oak floorboards.

Gaga works extremely hard too you know, there is a human being under there, working just as hard as Ellie, and oak floorboards.

Just thought I would point that out :)

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1040324' date='Nov 28 2010, 07:37 PM']I hate Elton John and Elton John's songs. This is bloody awful.[/quote]
I`m not an Elton John fan eitherl, but when I watched the X-Factor a couple of wks ago, I realised that not many people can do his songs any justice.

That said however, I`ve heard Elle Gouldings version on tv, and think it`s good - in context with material by an artist I don`t like, that is - and certainly a cut above what all the X-Factor contestants managed to churn out.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1040402' date='Nov 28 2010, 08:32 PM']Fortunately I don't have to choose between X Factor wannabees and Elton John cover versions, there is a ton of actually-good music I can listen to instead.[/quote]
That's such an unfair and ignorant statement my friend. And suggests to the suggestible reader, that maybe you are unable to distinguish between those with real musicality and those who simply have a singing voice exploited by TV moguls. I'm pretty sad about that because I like you, respect you, and know you are better than making deliberately provocative statements without sensible foundation.

[quote name='barneyg42' post='1040037' date='Nov 28 2010, 03:57 PM']Ellie sings Your Song! Lovely voice! Gets Eltons approval as well apparently.

[/quote]800 free minutes and unlimited texts with free iphone apps for the rest of your life, only on O2.

Terms and conditions may apply.

Edited by steve-soar

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1040402' date='Nov 28 2010, 08:32 PM']Fortunately I don't have to choose between X Factor wannabees and Elton John cover versions, there is a ton of actually-good music I can listen to instead.[/quote]

+1

I can't help but think this whole "lets beat the X Factor to #1" thing is incredibly lame. Who cares who is #1? It means nothing these days anyway.

As for Ellie, I'm not sure what she has to do with Lady Gaga, but I don't think she has anywhere near that level of talent, but then I don't think there are many women around with the musical talent that she has. Apples and oranges anyway, but I'm certainly never going to say "This is a really good cover of an Elton John song, I think I'll listen to that".

[quote name='silddx' post='1040562' date='Nov 28 2010, 10:49 PM']That's such an unfair and ignorant statement my friend. And suggests to the suggestible reader, that maybe you are unable to distinguish between those with real musicality and those who simply have a singing voice exploited by TV moguls. I'm pretty sad about that because I like you, respect you, and know you are better than making deliberately provocative statements without sensible foundation.[/quote]

What were you drinking last night? It's as straightforward a statement as it's possible to make: I wouldn't choose to listen to either an X Factor song or an Elton John song, they would each hurt my ears and make me homicidal.

I don't really care how real someone's musicality is if they're doing Elton John covers. I wouldn't listen to Dead Milkmen do Candle In The Wind either. Would you?

[quote name='steve-soar' post='1040622' date='Nov 28 2010, 11:41 PM']800 free minutes and unlimited texts with free iphone apps for the rest of your life, only on O2.

Terms and conditions may apply.[/quote]
Y'know, I was about to post 'This tune & video is like a mobile phone advert' last night, but for whatever reason I didn't...

Agree with most of this thread, exceptional voice. That song's really nice too, it reminds me a lot of 'Lady Stardust' by David Bowie (a very good thing).

It feels like it should break out in "And He Was AAALLLLLRIGHT!! The Band Was All Together!!, Yes He Was AAALLLRIGHT!!....." the whole way through for me, haha.

Edited by Oscar South

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1040696' date='Nov 29 2010, 03:39 AM']+1

I can't help but think this whole "lets beat the X Factor to #1" thing is incredibly lame. Who cares who is #1? It means nothing these days anyway.

As for Ellie, I'm not sure what she has to do with Lady Gaga, but I don't think she has anywhere near that level of talent, but then I don't think there are many women around with the musical talent that she has. Apples and oranges anyway, but I'm certainly never going to say "This is a really good cover of an Elton John song, I think I'll listen to that".[/quote]

I'm sorry, what? You are seriously saying that Lady Gaga is more "talented" then Ellie Goulding? I cannot believe you can say that Lady Gaga has a) talent and :) more than other female artists around...

Please go and listen to both, show me how Gaga is better, everything she does is manufactured pop rubbish. You can tell she's miming on stage.

I'm shocked...

Oh and the last year's choice of song for beating x-factor was genius, it finally showed that these stupid TV shows aren't all that music is and that some of us do have taste...

Edited by Plux_the_Duck

I do wonder sometimes how many people slate pop artists just because they are Pop? I totally agree with sild too what a dumb statement from TNIT! Just because someone comes through a certain channel they have no talent then? That Rebecca Ferguson can give me a job in her band any day, Matt Cardle is not my personal cup of tea but no talent at all I dont think so, Someone on BC knows him (Cant remember who) and tells us he is a great guitarist/song writer maybe one day the real Matt will shine?, Ellie Goulding has some good tunes and is a multi instrumentalist which is a skill in itself. Also I have to listen to radio one at times during work hours most of it is sh*te for sure but both Ellie and GaGa have done the live lounge, Both were good and if you were prepared to open your views you might find Gaga actually has some right pipes on her (Him? :)).

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='Plux_the_Duck' post='1042823' date='Nov 30 2010, 07:44 PM']I'm sorry, what? You are seriously saying that Lady Gaga is more "talented" then Ellie Goulding? I cannot believe you can say that Lady Gaga has a) talent and :) more than other female artists around...

Please go and listen to both, show me how Gaga is better, everything she does is manufactured pop rubbish. You can tell she's miming on stage.

I'm shocked...

Oh and the last year's choice of song for beating x-factor was genius, it finally showed that these stupid TV shows aren't all that music is and that some of us do have taste...[/quote]
Err... If Lady GaGa is manufactured, she's manufactured herself.

As for who is 'better' than who, it's all a matter of opinion. Vive la difference. :)