Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Purple Chili PCB 112NT, SOLD

Having taken delivery of one of Alex’s Super twelve’s today I’m looking to sell my second Purple Chili 1x12” cab. I’d been happily using two of these for 6 months or so, until I was seduced by Alex’s new cab and decided to go with a single 2x12 cab rather than the two 1x12’s I’d been using.

Nowt wrong with the Purple Chili’s at all – big sound for a small cab with a really nice depth to the bass. They look great and weigh just a teenst weensy bit more than a king size duvet! Here’s the lowdown from the horse’s mouth (i.e. the Purple Chili website):

• Powder coated metal grille
• Road ready metal handles
• Metal protection corners
• Neutrik speakon connectors
• Pro 1/4" jack connectors
• "Pure Look" retro styling
• Pro Celestion driver
• 1 x BN12 300S Neo driver
• 300 watts RMS
• 8 ohm as standard
• 40Hz - 3Khz
• H 49cm - W 52cm - D 41.2cm (excluding feet)
• Weight 12.7kg
• Made in England

I’ve used this cab (the first has already gone to Shambo) on about three or four gigs and have been rehearsing with it for six months; it’s been well taken care of and is in nice condition – the one blemish is a slight scratch in the vinyl on the top, which you’ll see in the photo.

I’m looking for [b]£275[/b][u][/u]. Can’t post as I’ve got no packaging for it now but I’m happy to deliver up to say, 40-50 miles from Chester for fuel money.

Thanks,

Mark

P.S. You can find my feedback here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=43960&hl=bass+culture+feedback"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...ulture+feedback[/url]

Edited by Bass Culture

OOOOO.

Bump for nice fella to deal with.
I like these cabs, (obviously), and this represents a good saving in price, and time to order, compared to a new one. :)

Edited by Shambo

[quote name='Shambo' post='884656' date='Jul 3 2010, 10:49 AM']OOOOO.

Bump for nice fella to deal with.
I like these cabs, (obviously), and this represents a good saving in price, and time to order, compared to a new one. :)[/quote]

Kind words, Andy - thanks.

Mark

Edited by Bass Culture

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='884332' date='Jul 2 2010, 08:44 PM']Can’t post as I’ve got no packaging for it now but I’m happy to deliver up to say, 40-50 miles from Chester for fuel money.

Thanks,

Mark

P.S. You can find my feedback here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=43960&hl=bass+culture+feedback"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...ulture+feedback[/url][/quote]

I'd be interested if U could post it.....
otherwise ... good luck with the selling!

[quote name='DrVet' post='886059' date='Jul 5 2010, 09:14 AM']I'd be interested if U could post it.....
otherwise ... good luck with the selling![/quote]

Hi there,

I think, even if I could get the appropriate packaging together, I'd be unwilling to send it outsode of the U.K. - mostly because any packaging is going to be, er, improvised at best. Sorry!

Mark

Edited by Bass Culture

[quote name='Musicman20' post='886272' date='Jul 5 2010, 01:36 PM']I must admit there are a lot of small manufacturers making cabs at the moment, but these PC cabs look incredibly well made....good luck with the sale :)[/quote]

Thanks. Yep, they're very nice cabs - well put together and finished. And they don't sound too bad either!

I have to say Mark, given that we've had numerous discussions on the quest for the perfect tone, I'm not surprised that you've moved onto another rig. But at the same time I really thought you'd found your thing with these Purple Chilis.

I'm still keeping the faith with the SA450 and Barefaced Compact I bought from you. I've still only done one gig where I needed both Barefaced cabs.

[quote name='Rowbee' post='889953' date='Jul 8 2010, 10:39 PM']I have to say Mark, given that we've had numerous discussions on the quest for the perfect tone, I'm not surprised that you've moved onto another rig. But at the same time I really thought you'd found your thing with these Purple Chilis.

I'm still keeping the faith with the SA450 and Barefaced Compact I bought from you. I've still only done one gig where I needed both Barefaced cabs.[/quote]

I was wondering where you'd got to, Rob - good to hear from you! Yeah, I think if it wasn't for the fact that I ultimately decided to 'rationalise' my set up and look for a single, high-powered, lightweight cab, I would still be happily running with both the PC's still. Really nice sound all round, I thought. Early days yet, I know, but the Barefaced looks like The One so far!

Drop me a line if you're in the neck of the woods again. We're down in The Cotswolds again in the beginning of September. I'd still love to catch one of your bands live.

All the best,

mark

Hi Mark, yes, having checked out the website, that new cab of yours looks very tempting - let me know when you come to sell it on, haha. ;-)

I have a couple of gigs around the beginning of September in the Leicestershire area. Let me know when you're around.