Why become a member? ×

New bands to listen to to?

Go on Spotify and search for the bands you list there. Top right there's suggestions for bands you may like.

For Jamiroquai for example there's Stevie, Daft Punk, Lenny Kravitz, General Sir Mike Jackson, Jamie Callum (!), Jack Johnson, Basement Jaxx....

[quote name='No1skewenjack' post='883234' date='Jul 1 2010, 05:48 PM']I have been trying to find some new band to listen to in the style of Jamiroquai, Brand new heavies, Steve Wonder or perhaps some Soul Band? Anybody now of any new, up and coming band which are worth a listen? any stuff on you tube?

Cheers[/quote]

if you go to www.incognito.org.uk and then click on the forums, there is a section called 'The Music Room' where people put suggestions for alternative listening in that genre. I've been listening to Moses Mayes recently which I picked up from the site.

Also, check out ''Satya Projec't and 'The Beauty Room'. Great albums

Cheers, Jim

[quote name='No1skewenjack' post='883234' date='Jul 1 2010, 05:48 PM']I have been trying to find some new band to listen to in the style of Jamiroquai, Brand new heavies, Steve Wonder or perhaps some Soul Band? Anybody now of any new, up and coming band which are worth a listen? any stuff on you tube?

Cheers[/quote]
As has been said , check out ( probably some of the earlier stuff ) from Incognito - Tribes Vibes and Scribes etc . Akimbo is probably worth a look too .
There are still some pretty good bands around doing some very good 'old skool ' stuff such as the likes of Push , who do some very nice stuff . The place to go though really , is back to the good old US of A and the 70's . Try and find anything by Pleasure or The Jeff Lorber Fusion , for a very nice starter .

[url="http://www.groove4dayz.com/"]http://www.groove4dayz.com/[/url]

The Deep Mo are a band featuring Yolanda Charles on bass, and her husband Miles on drums, totally funky and totally fabulous. The latest EP can be found at the link above.

To name but a few, some old, some new

Reel People..IMO these are the best out there ATM for soul/funk/groove..Omar is on board too
The Allstars Collective..same as above
Crazy Penis
Raw Stylus
The Sunburst Band...Julian Crampton on bass duties
Like Woodster said Mamas Gun...They are very cool..
The Rebirth..Awsome band from New York...it doest get much better than this
Alice Russell
Vibraphonic
Incognito..My all time band...Def dont just check out the early stuff..its is all very very good..
Maze
Shakatak
Groove Collective
Mezzoforte
Young Disiples

Also check out an album called "The Wonder of Stevie"....there are two CD's done by various artists...top draw stuff this..

Edited by bubinga5

Rasta for me the best JTQ album in "in the hand of the Inevitable" very soulful....yeah Corduroy were/are cool...was that the one with the helicopter on the cover? i remember having a double album....

would just lke to say if the OP wants real Jazz Funk Soul check out Lonnie Liston, Donald Byrd, The Mizzele Bro's, The Brecker Bro's, Billy Cobham..and of course the first Incognito album titled erm...Jazz Funk, bloody amazing...well you might as well start where they all got it from..

[quote name='voxpop' post='884061' date='Jul 2 2010, 05:34 PM']Check out a French band called Electro Deluxe.[/quote]

Some very good stuff..

When I get back home, I'll tell the names of albums, that are (IMHO) most worthy to check 'em..