Why become a member? ×

Cheap gear from the states

Kurt

I've just ordered an Audere Jazz bass preamp (comes fitted to a new control plate) direct from Audere in the states for £88 inc shipping, due to the £ being really strong at the moment. Even if the VAT man collars me i still think thats really good value. Just thought I would share this with you all. Peace

[quote name='Kurt' post='8677' date='May 29 2007, 04:57 PM']I've just ordered an Audere Jazz bass preamp (comes fitted to a new control plate) direct from Audere in the states for £88 inc shipping, due to the £ being really strong at the moment. Even if the VAT man collars me i still think thats really good value. Just thought I would share this with you all. Peace[/quote]
customs will happily add about 20% of that again onto your total purchase price

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='8832' date='May 29 2007, 09:32 PM']that will slip thru with a bit of luck.........[/quote]

Don't want to sound negative... but I've had a number of pre's off Dave and each one has incurred charges (including the dreaded parcelfarce handling charge).
Quite rightly he does things by the book when shipping to Europe. Unfortunately that means more money :)

However, they are great pre's and I've got quite a bit of experience with them now :huh:

Stu

I have an Audere fitted to my Lakland - a 3ZB preamp - it's really good. It really brings out the tone of the bass without adding noise or colouration. Let us know how you get on with the JZ model.

Hamster