Why become a member? ×

Help Wanted to get bass from Canterbury to N Wales. . . ish

pbass67

Hi Guys n Gals

A couple of months ago I bought a acoustic Eko bass from Beedster. For one reason or another we've been unable to meet up as we'd planned. Due to the fragility of the bass and its rather unique shape its also been tricky to find a hard case that will definately fit. There will be a well padded soft case with it.
Was wondering if any of you would be in a position to help getting it from the Canterbury area up to the North Wales area. I live near Bangor but would happily travel over towards Birmingham or Chester / Wrexham or somewhere to pick up.

Thanks for listening. Hope you don't think I'm being too cheeky. Thought it was worth a shot.

Cheers

Paul

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='875491' date='Jun 23 2010, 03:12 PM']I'll happily do it next time I'm going over that way.[/quote]

Funnily enough, I said to Paul only an hour or so again "I think Wayne might be able to do something for us". Mate, that's good of you, I'll make sure you have something for your trouble so to speak! Paul, keep me posted mate and we'll solve this once and for all

Cheers

Chris

That's a very kind offer Steve Redstripe. Thanks mate

So, any offers on Canterbury to Stoke Newington ?

Yes Dave, the Eko is a bit of a stubborn mule when it comes to travelling, but I hope once its been dragged to Wales it will enjoy its new pasture !

Cheers

Paul

[quote name='redstriper' post='876040' date='Jun 24 2010, 12:31 AM']We'll be on Greenwich market all day today, in Stoke Newington tonight and driving back to Wales early tomorrow morning.
Might also be travelling by train from euston to bangor on sat 3rd July if that's any good?
Steve.[/quote]

I can certainly get it to you by then.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='882728' date='Jul 1 2010, 09:29 AM']Could drop this up to London today if that's any good?[/quote]

Hi Wayne
Thanks mate. sorry for my lack of response on this. I've just got out of hospital and can't drive (or speak for that matter) for a few days. The best I can do is ask my other half to get it to you, but I doubt that will be today (could be this evening but I'll have to wait for her to get back to me).
Cheers
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='882758' date='Jul 1 2010, 10:04 AM']Hi Wayne
Thanks mate. sorry for my lack of response on this. I've just got out of hospital and can't drive (or speak for that matter) for a few days. The best I can do is ask my other half to get it to you, but I doubt that will be today (could be this evening but I'll have to wait for her to get back to me).
Cheers
Chris[/quote]

No worries mate, hope you're OK.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='882761' date='Jul 1 2010, 10:06 AM']No worries mate, hope you're OK.[/quote]

Good thanks Wayne, just a little frustrating to be both immobile and incommunicado at the same time

C

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='882767' date='Jul 1 2010, 10:14 AM']I'm trying to post-pone the job I have in London till tomorrow so should be cool, if need be mate I'll pop down and pick it up.[/quote]

That's good of you mate, thanks.

C

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='882829' date='Jul 1 2010, 11:25 AM']Job postponed I can go tomorrow.[/quote]

Thanks Wayne, I'll PM Redstriper to make sure he's around before we do anything. Alternatively I might be able to get it to Bob for next weekend. I'll let you know when I hear back

Cheers

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='882842' date='Jul 1 2010, 11:41 AM']Thanks Wayne, I'll PM Redstriper to make sure he's around before we do anything. Alternatively I might be able to get it to Bob for next weekend. I'll let you know when I hear back

Cheers

Chris[/quote]

I can pop down after work (about 5) if it's on.

Thanks Wayne. Just heard back from Steve (Redstriper) and it won't be going this weekend. I really appreciate all the help on this but it might be easier for everyone if we leave it a week or so until I'm able to get around a bit more efficiently, and then perhaps we can sort something? Otherwise I can see what'll happen, it'll end up sitting in your place for a month or two Wayne and then eventually probably end up back at mine :)

I'll keep you all posted, and thanks again

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='883080' date='Jul 1 2010, 03:39 PM']Thanks Wayne. Just heard back from Steve (Redstriper) and it won't be going this weekend. I really appreciate all the help on this but it might be easier for everyone if we leave it a week or so until I'm able to get around a bit more efficiently, and then perhaps we can sort something? Otherwise I can see what'll happen, it'll end up sitting in your place for a month or two Wayne and then eventually probably end up back at mine :)

I'll keep you all posted, and thanks again

Chris[/quote]

No worries mate.

Hi Guys

Hope your recovery is comfortable Chris, I'm currently nursing an ear infection which has left me very deaf, so I wouldn't be able to hear this bass even if it did get here :) .

Anyway, thanks for the networking, hopefully it will work out.

Bob, thanks for your offer of the 24th. Snowdon is very close to us if we can't get sorted before.

p.s forgot to mention beer/string tokens for those able to help. This is much appreciated !

Cheers

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again

A quick update to see if we can move the Eko any closer North. How you doin Chris ? Hope you're feeling better. Bob, in response to your earlier post about coming to Snowdon on the 24th. Is that still looking likely to happen ?
Hello to Wayne, Any news on where your travels may take you ? Bob mentioned Epsom or Docklands IIRC. Realise I've probably left it a little too late again but thought it worth a bump.
Hi also to Steve Redstripe, hows tricks ? Are you spending any time in London at the mo?
Also just to re-iterate that I would be more than happy get over towards Birmingham M5 / M6 to facilitate a pickup if anyone is going that way.

Cheers for now

Paul

We'll be driving back from London next in early August (probably the 1st) - if you haven't sorted anything by then, let me know.

BTW Paul, have you got any contact details for Bandit or radio cymru?
I'm in a new welsh band looking for gigs and airplay - PM me if you can help.

Steve.