Why become a member? ×

Fender 82 p bass must sell

richardd

Hi Rich
These are, as far as I know, highly sought after. The last one I saw on ebay - and this was an instrument that had been modified and accordingly devalued - went for over £1100, albeit in slightly better times for bass selling. If I recall correctly, this model was the result of serious dissatisfaction among the builders at Fender, especially with the increasingly poor QC in relation to late 70's and early 80's production runs (I think this renewed emphasis on craftsmanship was in turn the result of a new senior appointment on the tech side, but I'm sure other guys on here know far more of the details). Either way, the early 80's Fullerton reissues are reputed to make most late 70's Precisions - and today's Custom Shop models - look quite average. I guess I'm saying it's not a great time to sell what is probably a bass worth a whole lot more?
Good luck mate
Chris

[quote name='richardd' post='99021' date='Dec 4 2007, 05:57 PM']Sorry guys my mistake i put £800 i mistakenly thought Bassjam was after my Valenti which is still for sale Rich[/quote]

Phew, careful Rich. Having said that, hope to catch you doing the same when you're slling a '64 Precision and a Wesley on the same day :)