Why become a member? ×

DIY 1x10 Cab

Dubs

[quote name='BT!' post='896741' date='Jul 16 2010, 06:02 PM']thinking of doing this with a 1x15 speaker ive got kicking around.

did you use premade plans or do them yourself?[/quote]

Made some very simple plans with the help of Win ISD. I just thought that if I was gonna make a DIY cab then I'd do it all DIY, and that way I can make it exactly how I want. Deffo worth a go...

[quote name='BT!' post='896741' date='Jul 16 2010, 06:02 PM']thinking of doing this with a 1x15 speaker ive got kicking around.

did you use premade plans or do them yourself?[/quote]

I would take a look at the Electrovoice TL606 plan (available [url="http://archives.telex.com/archives/EV/Builders%20Plans/"]here[/url]), so long as the driver is designed for the volume of the cab. I warn you though - 18mm ply weighs a fair bit!!!!

Loads of guff in the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=380"]DIY cabs build thread[/url]

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='andydye' post='1278670' date='Jun 22 2011, 04:15 PM']What did you use to fill/stuff the cab?[/quote]

Just ripped out the inside of an old cheap pillow, it worked well! Just make sure you stick it down with lots of glue otherwise you could have all sorts of problems once there's a lot of air being pushed around...

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' post='1283490' date='Jun 26 2011, 11:03 PM']Maplin sell acoustic wadding for speaker cab stuffing/tuning. I imagine other places sell it too, and probably cheaper.[/quote]

[quote name='Dubs' post='1293615' date='Jul 5 2011, 05:08 PM']Just ripped out the inside of an old cheap pillow, it worked well! Just make sure you stick it down with lots of glue otherwise you could have all sorts of problems once there's a lot of air being pushed around...[/quote]

Thanks guys

• 10 years later...
On 10/09/2021 at 18:48, Spacemoomoo said:

Stumbled on thread on a google search 

Could I ask for the plans/dimensions 

this is exactly what I want to build 

thanks 

Welcome to Basschat there are a number of designs we've shared on here, the 110Tin the thread above Richard linked you to and there is also a 12" cab and a 112T. The cab above would also work without a tweeter and crossover and you could also add those later if you preferred. The cab will also work with a range of other drivers and if any tweaks are needed we can do them for you.

Edited by Phil Starr