Why become a member? ×

Your bass

waynepunkdude

My favourite ever bass . Neck through , 18v active with passive switch , flamed Sycamore top and back with Ash and Nato . 5 piece Mahogany and Maple neck and Ebonol fretboard . Plays like a dream and sounds awesome . Oh its a Harley Benton , even my gear snob band mates love the sound of it . The only thing I dislike is the weight and glossy neck , but I can live with that 😀

20170302_131417.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

So, I performed some pretty nasty satanic necromantic rituals, among other obscure artifacts, and a fair deal of hours after hours, what seemed to make up eternity it self, forbidden sacrilegious utter balderdash nonsense and pure baloney utterings of gloomy forlorn and esoteric mystic chanting, involving the heart blood of the last known to exist 3 horn unicorn and the private parts of an albino hermaphrodite satyr, sacrificed in a clearing of a cursed wood in the eternal emerald nightmare of the infant Antichrist's subconscious private hell, located at a top secret confidential location, allegedly said to be the headquarter of the Illuminati shadow government intelligence service, to raise this thread from eternal oblivion of Death it self, just to give my dearest bass abomination, going by the name "Dud Bottomfeeder" more truly deserved bright shining ever lasting spotlight exposure on this top modern information age marvel of technology, the so called "world wide inter webs".

So here it is, my one and only, forever to be mine truly, chad bad boy Dud Bottomfeeder, for whom I shall forever repent not having treated with the care such a brilliancy of an instrument of God's true primordial will and might, yes, the pure primal force of creation it self, is entitled to:

small-4-string-Ibanez-GSRM20-Mikro-Bass-

Seriously, this 28,6" scale Ibanez GSRM20 Mikro Bass, from the December 2010 production, mine since bought from new April 2011, since having received several, admittedly not all equally well executed or successful mod attempts, though to name the absolutely massively successful ones, having had a pair of P/J EMG Geezer Butler pickups installed, just quite recently replaced with a DiMarzio Model P wired directly to the output jack socket, with the old Geezer J pickup not connected anymore, and which I love the tone of, so full and punchy, yet greatly defined and articulately clear sounding, on this mahogany body, bolt on, extremely stable, maple neck, with a 22 medium fret rosewood fretboard, is my 2nd most favorite bass I ever owned, only beaten by just a hair by the Jerry Jones Longhorn bass, sort of a higher end, high quality, one might even call it boutique, version of the original Danelectro one, that I once owned, but unfortunately was stupid enough to sell, now discontinued and used to be made by a fairly legendary now retired guitar maker/company.

But have grown very attached and fond of this little cheap budget wonder bass machine. 

Sounds so good and feels as a true joy and just like home to play for me.

To me the short scale only has advantages.

Currently tuned in regular E standard tuning and strung with D'Addario gauge 1.00 to .045 nickle roundwound strings, but soon to have a .095 D'Addario NYXL bass string, and 3 D'Addario NYXL guitar strings, of respectively the gauges .076 - .058 and .043, threaded through the cut off ball ends of bass strings in order to seat properly in the bass bridge holes, specifically picked for retaining about the same average string tension as with the current set in it's current E standard tuning, but with much improved tension balance across the strings, when tuned 2 half steps above E standard tuning, as in F#1 to D3, that I am going to use for this, my favorite bass, to be giving the lead role in a work in progress progressive psychedelic  stoner rock, predominantly bass/drums and percussion/vocals (with some much more flavor oriented instrumentation and various ambient effects used for certain parts), solo project of mine, where the bass signal will also be run through an always on octave up effect, giving an effect similar to that of an 8 string "octave" bass, with pairs of respectively bass and octave strings, and with an always on fairly subtle high definition hall reverb effect in combination with some fairly subtle real spring reverb from my Peavey amp,  generous use of heavy thick, ballsy and raunchy fuzz-esque distortion, consisting of a vintage Rat clone going into a Joyo California Sound (clone of the now discontinued Tech 21 California, analog Mesa Boogie type amp emulation preamp pedal), acting as distortion boosted overdrive and additional EQ, mixed with some clean signal via a parallel effects loop, using my Boss LS-2, a fair deal of parallel processed analog phaser/flanger effect, again using my Boss LS-2, as well as some additional use of digitally emulated Boss CE-1 chorus, and analog tremolo, and might possibly be some delay effects ends up getting incorporated as well. 

Edited by Baloney Balderdash