Why become a member? ×

Your bass

waynepunkdude

Oooohhh You B*****R! Only one!

If it came down to it it'd have to be this one:

Battered & bruised, buckle rashed, modded, de-modded & re-modded to the point of stupidity. Weighs a ton. but...

It was my first love, I learned on this one & it cost me a month's wages back in 1982. Much as I'm deeply & passionately into the SB fretless (& can't see myself ever letting it go), I couldn't get shot of this - too much of me in it.

Pete.

1990/91 Made In Japan Squier Precision. I bought it from ebay in poor shape for a couple of hundred quid. I cleaned it up, put it back together, and hey presto, the nicest, comfiest, thumpiest P bass I've ever played, and I've played a few. Fitted with flats, it's soul/funk personified. I've had Overwaters, Musicmans, Sadowskys etc etc, but this little P bass will never leave me.

It would have to be this one - my first bass, bought around 1972 - for around 25 quid.

The next person to get it will have to prise it out of my cold dead fingers.

Just about playable - but what price sentimental value

[attachment=52074:DSCF2681.JPG]

[attachment=52073:DSCF2686.JPG]

I guess this would have to be mine, largely because it's not worth anything and me having it has always got to be better than it going on the skip. Plus it has a lot of, erm, mojo?

also the £20 musicman pickup does sound really nice. at the moment it's my "G" bass because it's tuned GCGC so i like to use it for all my drop C stuff if it's got a lot of open play which might be difficult with my other bass.

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='865593' date='Jun 12 2010, 10:42 PM']Right most of us have a bass that is 'ours' no matter what happens that is the bass you'll always keep, post a pic of it here.

ONLY ONE BASS PER PERSON

For me it's my Jazz

[/quote]

This is my bass it gets played every day, many gigs recordings, its just right, very light alder body, very fast neck, clear as a bell pickups. I have a lot of basses, mostly jazzes, but I don't play them very much anymore..................

Its a 1986 Fender Jazz Made In Japan. Its a 62 reissue, with the Atlansia neck, massive curved slab of Brasilian Rosewood (a bit naughty as its a bit of rainforest) Hand wound pickups, best bass I have ever played. I won't change upgrade any part and yes I will be buried with it!! It looks new in these pics but its got so many dings in it! I bought it in 1995 for £400 everyone thought I was mad. But the guy I bought it from knew what he was selling!

• 2 years later...