Why become a member? ×

My Gig Rig

Raggy

Popped up to Bassdirect again today (could quite easily spend all day there).

Here's my new amp, a Markbass SD1200. Sounds bloody massive at home with my NV, cant wait to gig it :)

[attachment=51827:SD1200.jpg]
[attachment=51828:SD_Berg.jpg]

[quote name='Raggy' post='863528' date='Jun 10 2010, 05:54 PM']Popped up to Bassdirect again today (could quite easily spend all day there).

Here's my new amp, a Markbass SD1200. Sounds bloody massive at home with my NV, cant wait to gig it :)

[attachment=51827:SD1200.jpg]
[attachment=51828:SD_Berg.jpg][/quote]

Nice! Cranked it yet?

[quote name='Musicman20' post='863926' date='Jun 11 2010, 12:58 AM']I'd love to know how the SD1200 compares to the LM2/3. Does it match up tone wise?[/quote]

Do a search on Talkbass, KJung went into a lot of detail about the SD800. He prefers the LMII (F1 is his favourite), maintaining that the SD800 was a bit too wide (low extended).

The SD1200 is closer to an SD800 than an LMII (SD means a digital power section, the LMII has a switch mode power supply but old school power section), just more grunt I'm lead to believe.

Of course that wasnt into an NV series sealed cab, which I could see it working brilliantly with...

Edited by 51m0n

[quote name='51m0n' post='864036' date='Jun 11 2010, 09:19 AM']Do a search on Talkbass, KJung went into a lot of detail about the SD800. He prefers the LMII (F1 is his favourite), maintaining that the SD800 was a bit too wide (low extended).

The SD1200 is closer to an SD800 than an LMII (SD means a digital power section, the LMII has a switch mode power supply but old school power section), just more grunt I'm lead to believe.

Of course that wasnt into an NV series sealed cab, which I could see it working brilliantly with...[/quote]

Ah yes, I remember reading his reviews. What I was led to believe though was that MB revoiced the SD1200 and its a lot more similar to the smaller Markbass amps now, (eg a little closer to the F1/F500 despite the larger power). I dont thing KJung has had a chance to fully go through a test, but other reviewers have somewhere.

All I can imagine is that 1200W into an NV412 must be absolutely HUGE. If I was to have the ability to use BIG cabs, it would be the NV412 :)

I have owned the same rig.. just at different points in my bass journey lol.

I use my SD1200 with 2x markbass 4x10´s, and its massive, haven´t turned it up past 3 lol. Wish i´d had the chance to use it with the berg NV412, think it woulda torn apart the ampeg 8x10´s my rig normally gets pitted against at gigs.

Anyone else have an SD1200? me and raggy were discussing the very very low serial numbers we both have?

[quote name='JMT3781' post='868950' date='Jun 16 2010, 12:56 PM']I have owned the same rig.. just at different points in my bass journey lol.

I use my SD1200 with 2x markbass 4x10´s, and its massive, haven´t turned it up past 3 lol. Wish i´d had the chance to use it with the berg NV412, think it woulda torn apart the ampeg 8x10´s my rig normally gets pitted against at gigs.

Anyone else have an SD1200? me and raggy were discussing the very very low serial numbers we both have?[/quote]

I think my LM3 serial number is fairly low as it was bought virtually the week they came out.

I would really like to try one of these amps.....cannot believe the weight/wattage ratio. Plus, personally I love Markbass gear anyway.