Why become a member? ×

Roscoe LG3005 Custom

eubassix

[b]ROSCOE LG 3005[/b] - Five string. The bass was a Custom order and has the following features: •Ash Body•Flamed Maple Top•Maple/Purpleheart/Maple neck •Spalted Purpleheart fingerboard•35" Scale - 24 fret•Bartolini 3-band pre amp•Bartolini/Roscoe Pickups•Black hipshot ultralight hardware•Transluscent black back•Gold pinstripe•High gloss finish•Diamondwood nut•19mm spacing at the bridge•Case and Roscoe paperwork - a cancelled custom order to Roscoes, which explains why it has a translucent black back, with gold pinstripes and a high gloss finish, diamondwood nut and absolute top quality flamed maple cap. The fingerboard is spalted purpleheart, the neck is flat profile with 19mm spacing at the bridge, the body is small, heavily contoured and shaped, and its lightweight as well.
BC Links : [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=83749&hl=Roscoe&st=0"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...Roscoe&st=0[/url]
no longer available.

Edited by eubassix

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='eubassix' post='871620' date='Jun 19 2010, 10:42 AM'].. Thanks, John - although your OP also states the pickups as Aero HB's :-

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=69310&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=69310&hl=[/url]

... not that I think it's crucial: it's a great sounding (and playing) bass, whichever p/ups[/quote]
You're right, my post says that but just after sale was finalised I was cleaning the bass and popped the pickup covers to see they were EMGs and then informed the buyer via PM.

I was amazed that they sounded so good to be honest and gave me huge respect for passive EMGs.

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, just letting you know incase someone buys it on ebay and wants a refund because they thought different pickups were in it.

[quote name='cgordonfreeman' post='871625' date='Jun 19 2010, 11:57 AM']You're right, my post says that but just after sale was finalised I was cleaning the bass and popped the pickup covers to see they were EMGs and then informed the buyer via PM.
I was amazed that they sounded so good to be honest and gave me huge respect for passive EMGs.
I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, just letting you know incase someone buys it on ebay and wants a refund because they thought different pickups were in it.[/quote]

No problem / appreciate the info. (update) - I'll amend the info here and on ebay if/when relisted.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='eubassix' post='905469' date='Jul 26 2010, 08:50 AM']b U m P ... still available !![/quote]

I really cant believe that this bass is still for sale, at this unbelievable price! It cost me £1,000 more than this last year from Bassdirect, and is quite the most superb 5 string I have ever played. If I could play 5 string, I would still have it!

Bob

[quote name='bobpalt' post='905470' date='Jul 26 2010, 08:53 AM']I really cant believe that this bass is still for sale, at this unbelievable price! It cost me £1,000 more than this last year from Bassdirect, and is quite the most superb 5 string I have ever played. If I could play 5 string, I would still have it!
Bob[/quote]

Agree 100% Bob ... if I hadn't retrieved my Kinal 5 I'd be keeping the Roscoe ! I thought the price was very attractive (certainly for somebody contemplating a new Roscoe LG3005 - perhaps nobody is/was doing so) but the PM's/offers to date have been pushing for another 20% reduction, which isn't acceptable (to me). I think Dan would also have kept the Roscoe if he'd managed the conversion from 4 to 5 ! Thanks for the bump/+++ comments.

I played my first Roscoe at Bass Direct last year - and went back to the shop to relieve Mr Stickley of it a couple of days later. Mine's a LG3000 but very similar to this 3005 in all other respects. I can honestly say these Roscoes deliver mids like no other bass I've played and their build quality is second to none. If you spec'ed this bass new I'm sure it would come in some way of £3k. This looks like a steal to me. Good luck with the sale.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='JD1' post='918584' date='Aug 8 2010, 10:28 AM']Why is this still here?[/quote]

... Dunno (!!) .... I have three interested parties, but the usual problem (chain) of needing to sell stuff first. Also have a couple of nice/interesting trade proposals; but this wouldn't solve my personal credit-crunch, unfortunately.... so a Sale is definitely preferred.

• 2 weeks later...