Why become a member? ×

Eldorado guitar strap

99ster

I've just got an [url="http://www.eldoradostraps.com/"]Eldorado[/url] strap - a 'Vintage' style one: [url="http://www.eldoradostraps.com/products2.htm"]http://www.eldoradostraps.com/products2.htm[/url] and it is absolutely fantastic.
Hand-made from really high-quality leather, with a sheepskin shoulder pad - it looks like it will outlive me it's so well made!!!
It cost me $98 USD (incl. shipping) & took a week to arrive. So that's less than £50 at the current exchange rate.
It came really well packed, with great email comms - direct with the guy that runs the company.
Highly recommended!

[quote name='MB1' post='93745' date='Nov 24 2007, 01:10 PM']MB1. :)

Eldorado was quite possibly the worst soap the BBC have ever produced :huh:[/quote]
I wouldn't be able to tell a good soap from a bad one - are there any good ones? Aren't they all hastily written and badly acted tripe with trite plotlines to push the right buttons for the great unwashed with the single intention to get ratings?

Soaps aside, the eldorado straps do look like a good deal I quite like a Durango one. Did you get stung by customs + vat?

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='93751' date='Nov 24 2007, 01:42 PM']I wouldn't be able to tell a good soap from a bad one - are there any good ones? Aren't they all hastily written and badly acted tripe with trite plotlines to push the right buttons for the great unwashed with the single intention to get ratings?

Soaps aside, the eldorado straps do look like a good deal I quite like a Durango one. Did you get stung by customs + vat?[/quote]

Customs?
Let's just say that Mr Eldorado was very 'helpful' with the customs declaration so there was no duty/vat...
A top guy.
:)

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='93770' date='Nov 24 2007, 02:46 PM']Nice. I once stuck some sheepskin to one of my straps with some double sided taped. I cant honestly remember what happened to that strap :wub:[/quote]

MB1. :huh:
Double sided tape/Sheep?......The Plot Thickens!. :)

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='93751' date='Nov 24 2007, 01:42 PM']I wouldn't be able to tell a good soap from a bad one - are there any good ones? Aren't they all hastily written and badly acted tripe with trite plotlines to push the right buttons for the great unwashed with the single intention to get ratings?

Soaps aside, the eldorado straps do look like a good deal I quite like a Durango one. Did you get stung by customs + vat?[/quote]

MB1. :)

Quite Agree!..... Soaps are all BAD!.... but That particular soap is used for interigation purposes!

• 2 weeks later...