Why become a member? ×

Merton

Merton

[quote name='Merton' post='93288' date='Nov 23 2007, 12:56 PM']Well I've sold a couple of bits now, selling or giving away a couple more, time to tell me how much of an ass I am![/quote]

Just bought some Celestion drivers of Merton and it was as easy and straightforward a bit of business as I've ever done on Basschat. He's a great bloke and I'd totally recommend him to anyone here who's thinking of buying/selling their gear with him!

It was really good to meet up with you Merton; thanks for sorting it out so quickly! Look forward to seeing you again at some point soon, hopefully with that Status Groove 5 tucked under your arm :)

Cheers

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='95303' date='Nov 27 2007, 09:02 PM']It was really good to meet up with you Merton; thanks for sorting it out so quickly! Look forward to seeing you again at some point soon, hopefully with that Status Groove 5 tucked under your arm :)

Cheers

Nik[/quote]
Indeedy - next time it shall not be the car park of Tesco's followed by the car park of a pub! (Hope the lunch was OK btw!)

Just received a hard case from Merton - thought that it would be a simple matter but no, granted it was excellent value for money (was a freebie), excellent communication, delivered on time (and tracking number provided) on a date to suit - it's certainly more than fair to say that Merton's conduct was nothing short of excellent

The problem is the item itself, I had assumed from the description that the case that I was getting an old beat up article that would do as step up from a softbag for my backup bass to live in on the rare occasions that I take it out - but what I got was something rather different, it's an old case but a true beauty that suits my peaveys perfectly, of the fine line that attempts to seperate mojo from damage this if pure 100% uncut mojo (in flashing neon with musical notes dancing around it and a 1920's New Orleans jazz band playing beneath it) - yeah, I know I might be getting a bit OTT about a case but never seen anything that I've connected with before and then one for free knocks on my door!

So needless to say, my simple plans are in a mess - I was quite happy with my Hiscox case but now I have no choice but to let it gather dust and only get let out for the odd backup duty

Merton - I hope that you're happy with the chaos you've caused!

:)

P.S. Thanks a plenty!

[quote name='colda' post='96556' date='Nov 30 2007, 11:06 AM']Just received a hard case from Merton - thought that it would be a simple matter but no, granted it was excellent value for money (was a freebie), excellent communication, delivered on time (and tracking number provided) on a date to suit - it's certainly more than fair to say that Merton's conduct was nothing short of excellent

The problem is the item itself, I had assumed from the description that the case that I was getting an old beat up article that would do as step up from a softbag for my backup bass to live in on the rare occasions that I take it out - but what I got was something rather different, it's an old case but a true beauty that suits my peaveys perfectly, of the fine line that attempts to seperate mojo from damage this if pure 100% uncut mojo (in flashing neon with musical notes dancing around it and a 1920's New Orleans jazz band playing beneath it) - yeah, I know I might be getting a bit OTT about a case but never seen anything that I've connected with before and then one for free knocks on my door!

So needless to say, my simple plans are in a mess - I was quite happy with my Hiscox case but now I have no choice but to let it gather dust and only get let out for the odd backup duty

Merton - I hope that you're happy with the chaos you've caused!

:huh:

P.S. Thanks a plenty![/quote]

Haha, nice! Glad you like it, may it serve you proud in the years to come :)

[quote name='mr pablo' post='100456' date='Dec 6 2007, 07:26 PM']bought Mertons Trace Elliot head from him, very nice bloke to deal with, likes a good bleather and his packing skills are worthy of a gold star :huh: the amp even arrived a day early cant say better than that.

cheers again dude :huh:[/quote]
Cheers Rob, 'twas a pleasure :)

[size=1](Just a shame I forgot the mains lead!!)[/size] :huh:

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Soo... lazy arse me has finally managed to get on the forum to give Mr Merton his well deserved feedback! :huh:

Ahhwelll... at least i've had the time to give to green box he sent me a good old test!!

Merton, a.k.a Martin sold me his Trace Elliot 4x8 V-type combo a few weeks back. I could go on about what an awesome piece of kit it is, as it is a phenomenal piece of kit without doubt... I was worried about the 8" cones, but they combined with the valve pre sound awesome........but thats not the point right now... He did however do an amazing deal, even finding the best courier around and helping me with the cost some, and as a result, I am overjoyed with my purchase!!!!!

I was worried about asking so many questions, as I did ask many a question!!! Many!!! he answered each and every one promptly and in great detail! He was very honest throughout the sale, and I knew the amp inside out before I even set my hands on it. The packaging was also rather awesome itself, heavily packed with a rather nice duvet, it arrived safe and warm! :huh:

Anywayy... I could go on once again, but I hope you guys get the idea that Martin IS the finest guy on this forum, and is an absolute 100% pleasure to do a deal with, and have conversation with, or whatever.. !!

Thanks very much Mert, hope to hear form ya soon mate!! :)

[quote name='overwater#1' post='330292' date='Nov 16 2008, 09:39 PM']Anywayy... I could go on once again, but I hope you guys get the idea that Martin IS the finest guy on this forum, and is an absolute 100% pleasure to do a deal with, and have conversation with, or whatever.. !![/quote]
+1

Awww, you guys!

Matt - will dig out that corner piece tonight if I can :) Glad you're enjoying the combo, it deserves to be used rather than become a bit of furniture as it was doing with me...

BTW, Matt and Nik are two of the finest BCers there are, so it's a nice feeling that they think so highly of a tosser like me :huh:

Edited by Merton

[quote name='Merton' post='330491' date='Nov 17 2008, 10:40 AM']Awww, you guys!

Matt - will dig out that corner piece tonight if I can :) Glad you're enjoying the combo, it deserves to be used rather than become a bit of furniture as it was doing with me...

BTW, Matt and Nik are two of the finest BCers there are, so it's a nice feeling that they think so highly of a tosser like me :huh:[/quote]
:huh:

[quote name='Merton' post='330491' date='Nov 17 2008, 10:40 AM']Awww, you guys!

BTW, Matt and Nik are two of the finest BCers there are, so it's a nice feeling that they think so highly of a tosser like me :huh:[/quote]

Heyyy cheers Mert!! Really appreciate that!! Really nice of you mate!! :huh:

Ahh I can't get over the combo, it's just awesome.. and its great to keep it in the BC family.. Wildus, Presoulnation, You, and now me!! :unsure: I must get a speaker quality jack to jack made to try an extra cab with it (I still want that 4x8!), but it sounds awesome on its own! Im doing 'The Seussical' with a local amateur operatics this week, and the V-type sounded pure sex on the band call at weekend!!

Speak to you soon anyway Mert!! Very best wishes! Matt :huh: :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anotherrrr spot on transaction with Merton this week! Some more Trace Gear, niceeee.. even though this one doesn't make any noise, unless you drop it.... ;) :angry: haha
Absolutely fantastic once again, this guy is phenomenal, have no fear about buying things from him! Definitely one of the very best on this forum, an absolute gent too :)

Thanking you again Mart, muchas appreciated! Very grateful for your help mate! :huh:

Best wishes, Matt :P