Why become a member? ×

Fender '65 Jazz Bass

BB2000

31/1/08

Had this up for offers in November, I think the highest was about 79 pence... Looking for more in the region of £500, any interest give a shout in the next week or so.

I imported this direct from Ishibashi some time ago for an ex work colleague (together with a couple of precision's for myself). He wanted me to fit it with oval tuners and a John East preamp, so I bought a set of Hipshot Ovals and a used JE Retro. At the end of the day I never got payment for this, so was left with the bass. I'm not really a Fender Jazz fan, but it's such a looker (there's great 'stripey' figuring on the maple neck) that I kept hold of it. But it's an expensive ornament so it's time to let it go.

It's completely unmarked. Weight is 9lb 3oz. It's still in the original shipping box (and gigbag).

I'm open to any and all offers on the bass.

If anyone is interested them I'm hoping they will also buy the oval tuners.

I'd like to get back what I paid for the Hipshot oval key HB2's - £75
I'd like to get back what I paid for the JE Retro - which I think was - £115

If any one wants to buy the bass with any or both of the above I will fit them for you (I'd have to try the JE in any case to check that it works).

I'll put on the tuners tonight and upload a picture.

Edited by BB2000

[quote name='mcgraham' post='93171' date='Nov 23 2007, 08:49 AM']I apologise for asking bud, I appreciate where you're coming from.

This bass is in beautiful condition for something from 65. I am reading that correctly yes, it's not a reissue is it?

Mark[/quote]

It'll be a CIJ reissue- it's from ishibashi, they're bloody excellent

Oooo, that's lovely
Gimmegimme

It is worth 70 Pence to me, now stand aside! :)

I think posting a price will certainly help the sale!
Good luck very much! (to much Jimmy)

Si

Edited by Sibob

[quote name='walbassist' post='93216' date='Nov 23 2007, 10:35 AM']Interesting, a dots and binding neck would narrow the period this bass is [i]meant[/i] to represent to the first half of 1966, and adding oval tuners would reinforce that, but the grounding strip had been phased out some time before that. Looks lovely though![/quote]

Yes, the offset contour decal is also in the wrong place, which is the worst thing "wrong" with it in my opinion (it's easy to tweak everything else).

[quote name='BB2000' post='93231' date='Nov 23 2007, 11:04 AM']Yes, the offset contour decal is also in the wrong place, which is the worst thing "wrong" with it in my opinion (it's easy to tweak everything else).[/quote]

Yes, I noticed that too but forgot to edit my post!

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='94420' date='Nov 26 2007, 10:05 AM']If you do sell it with the lollypop tuners I may be interested in the original tuners - do they have the same size backplate as the hipshots?[/quote]

Yes, they're the same.

• 2 months later...