Why become a member? ×

The bass I'd really like..

lee4

Whilst having a soak in the bath one day I was thinking about the sort of bass that I would have built for me if I had the money.I'd decided on a maple neck,rosewood board,reverse headstock,two coil-tapped humbuckers with an active circuit.So far,so good.But when it came to body shapes,it was all Fender.What I'd like is a bass with a Gibson non-reverse Firebird body.Has this been done before?Have you got one?Have you got any photo's?

[quote name='Machines' post='92964' date='Nov 22 2007, 07:55 PM']What, like this 1966 Gibson Thunderbird non-reverse ?

[/quote]
I like it :huh: Would appeal more though if it had decent forearm contours and a pair of HB's on,perhaps sprayed white or surf green. :)

[quote name='lee4' post='96365' date='Nov 29 2007, 09:40 PM']I like it :huh: Would appeal more though if it had decent forearm contours and a pair of HB's on,perhaps sprayed white or surf green. :)[/quote]

+1 (except the humbuckers (or at least i think HBs means humbuckers), P/J all the way!)

[quote name='lee4' post='99063' date='Dec 4 2007, 07:03 PM']Ones a rarely seen unloved bit of tat,the other is a Gibson Firebird bass.[/quote]

Actually, one is a rarely seen but MUCH loved bass guitar.... the other is a Gibson Non-Reverse Thunderbird...

[quote name='cetera' post='99417' date='Dec 5 2007, 10:43 AM']Actually, one is a rarely seen but MUCH loved bass guitar.... the other is a Gibson Non-Reverse Thunderbird...[/quote]
Ignorant and on the 'net,when will my talents ever begin?

[quote name='Davetbass' post='94141' date='Nov 25 2007, 03:26 PM']My dream bass turned into a complete toilet as you can see in my avatar!! It played so badly it went straight to ebay without spraying!![/quote]

MB1. :)

Hello Dave!....Is that Dave?.....Wanna buy some pegs Dave?.....Can my Wife use your Toilet?..... Dave!

Edited by MB1

I loved the non reverse thunderbirds looks, but then I'm a sucker for quirky looking basses. I might have been tempted to buy one of the Epiphone versions if they'd got the headstock right and did have the P/J pickups.

That Fernadez just looks wrong though.