Why become a member? ×

Marcus Miller 5 String / Traded

Charla

Hello fellow BC'ers

I'm thinking about trading my Marcus Miller 5 string, with John East MM preamp; the bass I do love, however, I'm not sure about the `active circuit' in that I'm using my USA passive 5 more often as I prefer the sound!!! Crazy I know. So I thought it might be an idea to see if anyone was interested in a trade for something Jazz'like, 5 string, and passive, or not as `hot' as the Marcus Miller. I have the original preamp, which will go with the bass.

[attachment=50232:Miller03.JPG][attachment=50233:Miller04.JPG][attachment=50234:Miller05.JPG]
[attachment=50231:Miller01.JPG]

Don't post the `you have to state a price' comment as at this point it's trade only. If I see something I want to purchase then I might consider selling.

Cheers

Charla

Edited by Charla

PM's replied.

I thought the bass was `noisy' with the original preamp; Jazzes are noisy and I was only used to passive basses and didn't realise that a preamp doesn't help ...... doh!!!! Also anyone who has had a look under the pickguard of a Miller bass would be surprised at how untidy the original electronics are? I did make a note of the original wiring so it is easily replaced.

I'll weight the bass when I can get to some scales, it's not that heavy in my opinion; mind you I have a couple of heavy basses so maybe I'm not the best judge?

As for trades, sorry folks I'm not looking at Music Man basses and I'm only interested in 5 strings, I have some nice 4 string basses that don't get played enough as it is; if I change my mind I'll let you know.

I've had some very interesting offers; I just love this site.

Cheers

Charla

Edited by Charla

...mine is let say very light, not ultralight but not heavy at all...for me is Marcus 5 instrument which can cover two instruments "Fender Slap mashine" and "Modern Fiver" It also has very good low B...original pre was strange, I could boost just bass freqeunces a little. If i did little too much it was good reggae sound :) . Well highs are too sharp on Fender pre for my taste even when I moved pot just a little...Now I'm very happy with Aguilar OBP3...I will instal Hipshot A bridge next week, I change strings very often and Fender bridges are not comfy for quick strings replacement...I have this bass over year and I use it for 80% of shows...I'm very very happy with this instrument

Edited by Wimpy